Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 6:51:35 AM EDT
Hi,
I´m an AR-15 owner who lives in Germany. I`m going to order an Stag complete upper system. But this company doesn´t sell these right now in Germany. So I must import these gods. I hope you can tell  me something about their quality. Or what have you heard about them?

Sorry my english isn´t the best.

Thanks
Achim
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:49:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Hi Lowdi,

I have the Stag Limited Edition 14.5" upper (complete with receiver, barrel, bolt carrier group, etc)

Very well made.

I'm very satisfied.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:14:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:53:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, do you know Sabre Defence? These are the rifles what we can buy in Germany. I bought one and it shoots really good. But it has  a 20 " and now I ordered a 16" from Stag Arms. They were very friendly. Cause we are not allowed to have barrels under 16" here. Only the gov´can, cops or ksk have them. But they use often the G36. I don´t like the G36 too much plastic.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't know Sabre defense.

We can't have rifles with barrels under 16" unless we get a special license from the Federal Gov't.  You can have a 14.5" barrel with a flash suppressor permanently attached, the combination of which is 16" or greater.

Agreed on the G36.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#5]
They were produced in England and then imported to Germany. I don´t know If it has mil-spec finish, but I is looking and shooting great. I don´t know how to send pic´s? But I know the hompage. Maybe it is interesting for you also.

http://www.sabredefence.com/

But you have to  wait up to 6-8 month when you order it. Long time. And they are more expensive than your american products.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:08:47 AM EDT
[#6]
They were produced in England and then imported to Germany. I don´t know If it has mil-spec finish, but I is looking and shooting great. I don´t know how to send pic´s? But I know the hompage. Maybe it is interesting for you also.

http://www.sabredefence.com/

But you have wai up to 6-8 month when you order it. Long time. And they are more expensive than your american products.

You'll be happy with the Stag upper.  I put about 100 rounds through mine yesterday, and reliability and accuracy were good.

Is the expense you are talking about due to the exchange rate right now?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:01:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Stag Arms is top Notch, you will not be dissapointed
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Stags are of excellent quality.  You will not be disappointed.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:04:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Stag flat top upper receiver with a sabre defense 14.5 inch barrel with extended A2 mounted to it.  It's a great setup!!!  I am pleased with both!!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:36:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Since 2001 we have the euro €? It is cheaper for me to import a stag upper than buying one here. On dollar is now almost the same like our €. Here we´ve got to pay about 800-1250 € for an complete upper system. Before we had the DM (German Mark). You must take the € twice for the older price in DM. So they are very expensive. That would be for you when have 800-1250 $ for an upper system. A normal one. An up to 3000 $ for an complete rifle. I hope you understand what I´m trying to explain. For us the $ is low at the moment and that is good for importing goods. But for you that is bad cause you don´t get so much for your $ by importing goods to your country.

DPMS, and the other AR15 companys don´t sell the products here.
We are not able to buy guns in Wal Mart or elsewhere. You must have special permissions, make tests, going on a shooting club and do your training there. You can´t carry them, only to the range an back. We have different gun laws. I´m only allowed to have 3 semi automatic guns. 5 - 9 Handguns, and also rifles. Our gov´doesn´t like to have guns in private hands. Because we could fight for our rights. And the next problem what the nazi´s did in 2. WW. Sometimes when you are in England for holiday or in France old people call you a nazi. But this is 60 years ago, it was terrible what my country did to other people.

Thanks for the friendly replys
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:50:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Achim, if you find an US-exporter who is willing to send you STAG uppers and
has the necessary permits, let me know please!
I would prefer the top US brands to anything on the market in Europe (OA, XR, DPMS).
Sadly, the US state department is of the opinion that we shouldn't own them.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:29:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Yes I´ve got one. It is this company:

Intersec LLC.
www.intersec-usa.com
Ask for Mr. Sywinkyj

That is the international sales from Stag Arms. He is very friendly and has the permissions. I ordered last week the upper from him. On Tuesday I sended to him my permissions to Mr. Sywinkyj. And when he has them he is applying for the papers to send it to me.
You need ASP-83 Form, an order and papers from your gov´.

Call him he´s great.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#13]
thanks!! If you got it, come over to http://foren.waffen-online.de/ and write a review!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:25:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Ok I will do that when the upper is here and I tested it!

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:31:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Lowdi,

Screw all the politically correct politicians in Europe!  

You  guys need to get out of the EU.

Your country had the best military in the world at the beginning of WWII. To bad your "leader" was a Nazi.

I hope you get all the stags you want!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:46:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks , I would go out of the EU. But I´ve got nothing to say in this country!he
I wish all my american friends an nice christmas and a happy new year.

Best wishes to Drake (Flagstaff), Dave+Dee(Globe, AZ), Mr. & Mrs. Mitchell (Phoenix, AZ) and all AR15 owners in the states. HaveAchim aka Lowdi

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top