Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2005 1:48:36 PM EDT
A 16 inch Chrome Lined Chrome Molly "R-4" Barrel or 16 Inch Chrome Lined Chrome Molly Barrel 16-Inch or a 16 inch Chrome lined Barrel. This is going on a RRA lower and upper. I am not sure if I want to build it from the ground up or do a semi-build changing things like barrel, stock, sights, grips, etc. I know what extra items I want but need help on the barrel.

Thank You
Tony
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:16:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Well that's quite a list of things to decidce on.  Most of those things -- sights, stock, etc., depend on what you're using the rifle for as well as your budget.

For the barrel, however, my personal preference if you're going with the carbine length gas system, would be a 16" chrome lined barrel, light under the handguards (M4 or 'Gov't' profile).  Typically those barrels also have the M203 cutout in the barrel foreward of the front sight post, which many people want because it's "cool".  I recommend this barrel because (1) the chrome these days doesn't really cost you much more, if anything, and (2) the lighter profile, is, well, lighter, which is a good thing unless you're making some sort of super long range or varmint rig.

You have to watch out, though, some barrels like RRA's "R4" barrels are thicker, rather than thinner, under the handguards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top