Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 3:14:12 PM EDT
from the gunsmiths or anyone who knows more than myself,

what changes besides barrel length is neccessary to go from a rifle barrel to dissipator?

and if a gunsmith is required,
what cost am i looking at?
any recommended gunsmiths on this board?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#1]
The only difference between a rifle and a Dissipator is the barrel and gas tube. The Dissipator requires a carbine gas tube instead of a rifle one.

If you buy the right tools, you could swap barrels yourself in well under a half an hour. You'll need:

Action block
Armorer's wrench
Vise
1/16" punch
Torque wrench
Moly lube

If you'd rather send it off, I'd recommend ADCO.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:11:39 PM EDT
[#2]
You'll probably need some gas port work and the barrel will have to be cut, crowned, and rethreaded.  Check out Kurt's Kustom Firearms in the Industry section.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:32:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Not if he gets a dissy that has the carbine gas system. The cut-down 20" barrels are the ones that might need gas port work.

WIZZO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top