Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 12:26:21 AM EDT
Can anyone tell me if a Lauer Weapons lower reciever is mil-spec or does it take a special
parts kit. I have built probably 10-12 AR's and have never had the problems that I am with
this thing. I worked with Bushmaster lowers before and it was 10 years ago or better, but I
think my problem is in my parts kit as I don't think I went totally stupid with time.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:55:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Whats your problems?  The only problem with the one I got was the pivot hole was a little low from the top of the lower and the front of the lower hits before the back. I can spring it down in place with a little force.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:06:12 AM EDT
[#2]

supposedly done by lmt for lcw so i would say pretty close to "mil-spec"
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:13:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I am trying to give the benefit of a doubt to someone. I recieved a lower parts kit that
was made up of new and used pieces and parts and even some junk. Anyway the trigger
seems to be too long from the pin forward and once the hammer is cocked it will not
release, even with the safety selector out of the reciever the hammer catch will not drop
far enough with the trigger pulled to let the hammer go. The disconnector is OK.
I measured the the triggers from the pin to the edge that engages the hammer and
this hammer is .028 inch longer than my Olympic trigger. I measured the hammer and
trigger pin hole distance in an Olympic and this Lauer and they are the same, so I am
trying to rule out the reciever as the problem, Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:21:15 AM EDT
[#4]
so you got a crappy lpk?  nothing to do with the lower reciever itslelf, correct?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:25:49 AM EDT
[#5]
That would be my guess, but I wanted to make sure that the Lauers didn't take some
odd sized parts, that they took everyday standard parts kits.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:42:36 PM EDT
[#6]
We just converted two receivers to post samples one was a MEGA and the other was a Lauer. Both of the receivers are made to mil-spec and do there job....that is hold the sh*t together. From a cosmetic standpoint the MEGA was machined and finished to a higher standard. The teflon hardcoat anodizing on the MEGA was/is harder than the hardcoat on the Lauer. The MEGA was about $90.00 and the Lauer $130.00. I would not hesitate using either receiver, as they do there intended job.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:57:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks again guys, I wanted to make sure of everything before crying foul. I don't want
to be the joker that complains about something, only to find out that I'm trying to put
square pegs in round holes. Then blame it on someone else.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:59:01 AM EDT
[#9]
All my Lauer lowers went together with my Stag/CMT LPS's without a problem.  They function flawlessly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top