Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2005 10:54:33 PM EDT
what do you guys think? i was thinking about getting the troy cuz i like the way they look and easy to install but ive heard good things about the larue too

thanks
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:55:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Larue is top notch... Troy is awesome as well. Right now I would go with the Troy with the smoking deal they are offering.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:24:05 AM EDT
[#2]
imo they are the better ones of their category

larue being the better freefloat that has its own barrel nut

troy being the better one that uses the std barrel nut
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:08:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:25:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:14:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What Grant said....

+1

Or do what I did.

Get both!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:22:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I've never actually used the LaRue, but based on what I've seen/read, the only advantage the Troy has over the LT for peeps without a 203 is the ease of installation.  The Troy is def well made and sturdy, but it's a little large and heavy for my tastes.  The LT looks much lighter and slimmer, while the Troy feels like "holding an elephant dick" as my roomate comments every time he holds a large RAS...this phenomenom is exacerbated by thick panels such as the TD/LMT type.  It just feels huge.  

Also, the Troy is not as continuous as one might be led to believe from photos and descriptions.  On my buddy's factory assembled LMT M4 upper, the Troy is a little bit lower than the receiver.  Maybe it's the upper, I don't know.  Just stating what I've observed.  

I'd go w/ Grant, unless money is a factor, because the Troy prices are pretty damn good, and despite the shortcomings I listed, they are a damn good RAS.  They are excellent in quality and function, just not my personal favorite.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:33:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I've never actually used the LaRue, but based on what I've seen/read, the only advantage the Troy has over the LT for peeps without a 203 is the ease of installation.  The Troy is def well made and sturdy, but it's a little large and heavy for my tastes.  The LT looks much lighter and slimmer, while the Troy feels like "holding an elephant dick" as my roomate comments every time he holds a large RAS...this phenomenom is exacerbated by thick panels such as the TD/LMT type.  It just feels huge.  

Also, the Troy is not as continuous as one might be led to believe from photos and descriptions.  On my buddy's factory assembled LMT M4 upper, the Troy is a little bit lower than the receiver.  Maybe it's the upper, I don't know.  Just stating what I've observed.  

I'd go w/ Grant, unless money is a factor, because the Troy prices are pretty damn good, and despite the shortcomings I listed, they are a damn good RAS.  They are excellent in quality and function, just not my personal favorite.

This is all true. The LaRue is slimmer and lighter then the Troy. The Troy is much easier to install but may end up lower then the upper rail due to tolerances in the upper and factory barrel nut.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:05:09 PM EDT
[#8]
does anyone have any pics showing the thickness of both

thanks
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:43:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Try one of these. ARM-R rail from Grenadier Precision

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:02:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Does your roomate hold a lot of elephant dicks?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I just bought and installed a Troy.  It is very well made, and solid.  Mine lines up perfectly with the rails on the upper.  Installation was very easy.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:07:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Does your roomate hold a lot of elephant dicks?

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:10:52 AM EDT
[#13]
What about the Samson?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:44:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
What about the Samson?

I prefer the original, so I bought a Troy, and it's great!
The Troy lines up perfect with my Bushmaster M4.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top