Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 10:03:16 AM EDT
i bought 24 inch heavy bbl upper with a high rise flat top and a free float tube off of a guy i know at work.  It is made by jt distributing. It has a 1in8 inch twist.  Is this a good upper, and what grain bullet should i load for it??
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't believe I actually get to be the first person who says "WHO?!?!  YOU BOUGHT WHAT?!"

Seriously,  J&T is a high quality reputable company with good products.  I have zero regrets about anything I've bought from them... all great quality / service.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#2]
good deal man,  glad to hear.  i cant wait to get a lower and bolt carrier for this thing.   i loaded up a few different loads tonite.  what kinda accuracy can i expect at a hundred yards??
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never had a J&T "match" or bull barrel, but the standard 20" A2 Hbar barrel (Shaw, I think) I had easily shoots MOA (traded it to my brother)... with the standard handguards even, not free floating.  You'll find ARs in general (regardless of manufacturer) are very accurate guns.  I also have a 16" J&T with open sights that I KNOW shoots better than I do.

The trick is to find ammo (or if you reload, a decent load) that your gun likes.  Mines shot great with Federal American Eagle or Win Q3131A.  It shot OK with Fed XM193 (Lake City) also.  Mine had a 1/9 twist and it shot great with 55 or 62 gr bullets.  With your 1/8 I bet you could go heavier and get decent results.  

As a side note, I always like to keep my barrels clean of copper... they shoot a lot better clean.

Shal1
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:01:59 PM EDT
[#4]
they are an industry partner of ar15.com

do a search and you will find good results and feedback
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:33:55 AM EDT
[#5]
i went to a gun show in louisville ky a while back and found a better deal with them on a lower parts kit than pk's yea 5 buck whoopie but the service i got there was out of this world now when i goto a gun sho i ask if they are there and if not i wont go in... bought 2 lpks bolt carrier group and an a2 buttstock and lemme tell you tese people are great to deal with was gonna buy a shirt for my son after perusing their table and buying a few items and they gave me the shirt... they know now that they have a customer for life here... which reminds me i have to find out when and where the next gun show is that they are gonna be at because they dont have a store front they do business by shipping only ... if your local to central ky goto centerfire they carry a few of their items and theyre<cough> cheaper there ... actually jt distributing and doublestar are two compamies but both are owned by the same family yes i said family and the wife is the president...
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:35:29 AM EDT
[#6]
oh yea i forgot this its their website
http://www.jtdistributing.com/index.shtml
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:04:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
oh yea i forgot this its their website
http://www.jtdistributing.com/index.shtml

That brings up a good point and the ONLY SINGLE THING I do not like about J&T... they really, really need to update their website.  It sucks.  I love to order things online and would order a lot more from them if they had a better website.  

Shal1
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:14:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I purchased some parts from them in the past. Nice to deal with. Fast ship.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:41:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I have dealt with J&T a few times.  Good people.

There was a time when they stocked lots of Colt parts and barrels.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top