Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 7:59:39 PM EDT
Hi!

Are Fabian Bros. Muzzle Brakes still in production?  Or have they closed shop or changed names?

How good were they?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:19:17 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as I know, they're no longer around.  I have two of them; an AK type, and one for the Galil.  Wish I'd thought to get one for the AR15, but at the time my only AR was a class 3'd XM177E2 clone, and I didn't figure I'd need one.

The AK piece is on an RPK clone at my house, after having been mounted on two or three different AKs over the years. The Galil unit has lived on it's host rifle since day one.  If you can find one at a gun show I'd say grab it. There may be better pieces out there in this day and age, but the ones I have do the job for me just fine.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:06:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!  My friend in the Philippines has a couple of them.  One is still in the plastic packaging.  I offered to buy it from him, but he wouldn't.  He just let me try his M16, and the Fabian Bros. muzzle brake is really good.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:17:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Also known as DTA Milbrake

Got one years ago from Red Dog Target Supplies, Cave Creek, AZ

For the money..there are a lot of brakes equal to them

imo
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:42:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
www.dpmsinc.com/10Browse.asp

I find no such item on the dpms web site.

Re the pic underneath, that's only back end of the original brake.  The ones I have, and have seen, also have flash suppressor slots at the front end. ????
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:38:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Re the pic underneath, that's only back end of the original brake.  The ones I have, and have seen, also have flash suppressor slots at the front end. ????

If you look under muzzle brakes the sell a "Fabio Brake". My mistake.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you look under muzzle brakes the sell a "Fabio Brake". My mistake.

Maybe it's my computer's fault, but I find no such item on their web site.  Using their seach, it tells me they have no such item as a Fabio Brake.

????
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Go to the site, click on Ar15 accessories/Muzzle brakes. It is the first one. I have tried to link directly and the damn DPMS site links you somewhere else.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:15:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Lets try this...... LINK

Or this....LINK

Or this.....LINK
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:18:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Lets try this...... LINK

Or this....LINK

Or this.....LINK

Gotcha.

The piece pictured is not the same as the two I own.  Looks like it might be a later version; with the thick front walls, and the exhaust holes in the front.  Kind of funky looking.

Can't comment on the model pictured.  The two pieces of mine have the three rows of  comp holes as in the pic, but the front end is longer, and has the standard type M16A1 flash supppressor slots. They are also smaller in diameter than the the picture appears to be. Sorry I don't have pic posting capability or I'd do so.

Way back when I first got my Galil piece, we mounted it on a buddy's class 3'd rifle and did some comparison burst firing w/the issue flash suppressor vs. the Milbrake.  Firing 4-5 round bursts at 20 yards, the as issued front end gave us a diagonally rising impact line about three inches high and 6 inches accross.  With a properly adjusted MilBrake, the burst groups were about two inches high and ZERO inches accross.  The MilBrake totally eliminated the sideways dispersion that occurs when the rifle tends to recoil away from the bulk of the shooters body

Even with a semi auto rifle, this would mean less need to repostion the rifle after each shot, giving you a much faster follow up shot.  That was enough to make me order an AK type the next day, and if I wasn't such a stickler for keeping it "as issued" appearing, I would have gotten one for the XM177E2 clone, which was the only AR I had at the time. Now, I wish I had
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top