Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2005 1:13:51 AM EDT
I've had an old Knights Armament RAS (3/2002) on my new M4 for a while now.  Frankly the anodizing job is the worst I've ever seen, easily no better than a D- on a report card.  Most of the surface area ranges from mid to light purple in color.  

http://chrono.org/guns/m4gery.jpg

Is it possible to have this thing reanodized somehow and still keep the T markings?  Or is it just better  (cost effective) to buy a new RAS and hand this ugly duckling off to a friend in need?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:35:24 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've had an old Knights Armament RAS (3/2002) on my new M4 for a while now.  Frankly the anodizing job is the worst I've ever seen, easily no better than a D- on a report card.  Most of the surface area ranges from mid to light purple in color.  

Is it possible to have this thing reanodized somehow and still keep the T markings?  Or is it just better  (cost effective) to buy a new RAS and hand this ugly duckling off to a friend in need?

It's doubtful.  The whole RAS would have to be bead blasted and reanodized.  Unless you wanted to hand fill in all the numbers with white paint or something, they would be there, but they would be black.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:40:28 AM EDT
[#2]
just Norrel or KG gunkote it !!!! and mask with tape the T numbers
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:28:19 AM EDT
[#3]
didn't I read somewhere that KAC will swap out a purple RAS?
I could have sworn I saw ColdBlue comment on that.

I would call them up... you never know
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:20:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Friend in need signing in!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:13:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
didn't I read somewhere that KAC will swap out a purple RAS?
I could have sworn I saw ColdBlue comment on that.

I would call them up... you never know

I will have to give them a call.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:29:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
just Norrel or KG gunkote it !!!! and mask with tape the T numbers

+1 Should turn out great.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:12:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Just call us in Sales (KMC) at 321-607-9900 to be assigned an RA number, and we will be happy to exchange with you.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:16:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just call us in Sales (KMC) at 321-607-9900 to be assigned an RA number, and we will be happy to exchange with you.

see! I knew it!
KAS/Cold Blue are top shelf!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:16:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Tagged
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#10]
This is why KAC STILL rocks
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I like my purple RAS
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Probably has something to do with the fact that it violates rule 23.

Rule 23 - No black firearms part should ever arrive purple or become purple durring the time that the part is owned. Any person found furnishing such purple part or operationg a weapon with said purple part shall be flogged relentlessly by whatever device the part is attached to.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I love my black KAC M4 RAS build date '99.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:40:52 AM EDT
[#14]
If it's really that bad, you can send it to me.  I promise to send it back to you if it turns black one day.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:02:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:52:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:57:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Yep, KAC- especially in person of coldblue- ROCKS!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:10:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Good work coldblue  

I'm very happy with my black RAS and RAS II.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top