Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2005 6:24:25 AM EDT
I was thinking of getting my upper converted to the Leitner Wise gas piston setup, but was wondering if I could still use my original KAC RAS setup?

BTW, what is the price for a LW conversion?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:00:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I would suggest that you ask this question in the Leitner-Wise forum in the industry section.

If I recall correctly, the price for a Leitner-Wise conversion is $595, but don't quote me on that.  Like I said, you'd be better of asking in the Leitner-Wise forum in the industry section.

Regards,

Justin
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Very doubtful. Take off your RAS sometime and look at how it attaches, you'll see exactly why it won't work with the LW piston components....

The spring steel tension clamp on the front (right behind the front sight) is already pressed for space with the gas tube running thru it. Now look at a LW piston set up and see the large piston cup that sits directly behind the front sight....

I don't believe there is ANY free float rail (let alone non-free float) that works as is with the LW piston except for the G-P ARMR rail the LW sells with their uppers.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:18:35 PM EDT
[#3]
btt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top