Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 5:34:45 PM EDT
I ordered an upper from Del Ton (Wilson) and inspected the barrel and noticed that it isn't the SOCOM (HBAR) profile.  The barrel that I have is turned down underneath the handguard.  

Can anyone tell me what type of barrels does the military have installed on their M4's versus what I have?

By the way, I measured underneath the handguard, and the diameter is apprxoimately 0.67 inches.  My understanding that it is designed to save approximatley 1/2 pound.

Any reason to go with a "heavy" barrel?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:31:55 PM EDT
[#1]
That would be a standard M4 carbine barrel.  They are turned down beneath the hg just like the M16A2.  The SOCOM barrels were made in limited numbers for SOCOM only.  The rest of the big army has what you describe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top