Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2005 3:13:04 PM EDT
A local gun shop has a Colt SP1 that looks to be in very good shape.  I'd say 95% or so.  It also seems to have a low round count.  Hardly any wear on the bolt, upper receiver, buffer where the bolt  hits it, hammer etc.  It has triangular hand guards with no cracks etc and the flash suppressor has the slot in the bottom.  They are asking $1400 for it.  Is this a decent price?  Anything else I should look for?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
A local gun shop has a Colt SP1 that looks to be in very good shape.  I'd say 95% or so.  It also seems to have a low round count.  Hardly any wear on the bolt, upper receiver, buffer where the bolt  hits it, hammer etc.  It has triangular hand guards with no cracks etc and the flash suppressor has the slot in the bottom.  They are asking $1400 for it.  Is this a decent price?  Anything else I should look for?

Thanks

Unless you really want an SP1 or you live in a Com-Bloc State. I'd pass and get a newer Colt or LMT.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Personally I would consider that about $200-$300 too high. But I think prices on SP1's are rather regional too.

Here in western Colo. people haven't heard the ban has expired and I have seen several SP1's that were well used (close to abused), with one in particular that had a blued barrel, one taper pin in the front sight base - the other pin was a roll pin - and a set screw up from the bottom.

Not to mention the whole rifle was covered in a lot of old, crusty dust.

All for a mere $1400. Hey! It's a preban, doncha know.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:42:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Way to high.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:38:59 AM EDT
[#4]
With a little looking, you should be able to find one in the $900-1000 range. Check equiptment exchange, Gun Broker, Ect.  4weelin
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:49:22 PM EDT
[#5]
+1.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top