Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 6:23:39 PM EDT
For those of us who don't know precisely the difference between a "Recon" profile and an "SPR" profile, is there somewhere to actually see them?

I think it would make a great tagged post if someone with pics could label the "Naked truth."  Might as well throw in HBARs and Gummint profiles too-- any "proprietary" stuff would also be appreciated.

Thanks for the help in advance!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:00:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd love to see it too.  In fact, I'd love to see a sticky tagged with all the various profiles listed and pictured!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:12:14 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a barrel profile index of sorts here: AR15Barrels.com's Barrel index chart
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:13:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Forest!  That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Still looking for SPR, Recon, etc.  I saw Denny's Recon photo, which looks like a medium-light contour under the handguards.  what's SPR like?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#4]
There is a couple SPR profiles that I can think of, but only one correct one.

Since the RECCE/RECON craze has hit, I can think of a half dozen people who have put the "RECCE/RECON" label on their profile.  

I think that there is very little standard when the acronym hits the civilian world.  Even the original military rifles evolve and change, so nailing each down to a single profile is probably fruitless.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Got it.  How about general terms?

i.e.  Is a recce barrel heavy/medium weight?  Step contour?

Same questions for SPR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top