Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 4:20:45 PM EDT
anyone use one. are they better than the armalite stock brakes
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#1]
You mean the tank-like brakes?  They are called recoil eliminators and from what I hear, they live up to the name.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Both the tank brakes and the JP BC comp are effective.

The MSTN QC comp is quieter.

-z
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Both the tank brakes and the JP BC comp are effective.

The MSTN QC comp is quieter.

-z

How much quieter? how about effectiveness? is it just as good as the JP's?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:28:48 PM EDT
[#4]
It is considerably quieter, but louder than an A2 FH in my opinion.

It's pretty much as effective as the JP BC comp, IMO again.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:20:46 PM EDT
[#5]
great i might go this route instead then..i was orginally planning on getting one of those JP howitzer brakes but then decided on a Miculek because of $$$ but maybe ill save up and go with the MSTN QC.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:01:12 AM EDT
[#6]
its for my ar10 and i want to eliminate all the recoil. there is also the option of the armalite ar30 brake.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:49:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I have 2 rifles with both styles of breaks offered by JP. The "tank" style on my AR-15 24" heavybarrel when fired has literally no rearward movement on the bench. I have stood and watched others shoot it and all comment on lack of recoil. Not that there is alot to begin with but what's left is essentially gone. Loud.....you betcha!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:15:38 AM EDT
[#8]
what about the gun jumping? When i shoot my 24" hbar  it jumps up from the bags or bipod. has no kick..just jumps.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:29:20 PM EDT
[#9]

there is also the option of the armalite ar30 brake.

Be a little off balance don't you think.  AR30 brake is huge and heavy

From everything I have heard the tank break does a tremendous job at recoil control

Could always go with a suppressor, quiet and controls recoil

Chris
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:09:20 PM EDT
[#10]
the original jp brake is the triangle looking thing.  according to them the best at controlling muzzle jump. the ar30 brake is not that big in person and quite light. its for a bench and prone gun also. the jp would cost me $230. installed and the ar30 is $300. installed...i think i have lost my mind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top