Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 9:35:01 AM EDT
I did a few searches and could not find an awnser.  I know that you cannot mount a bayonet on s 16" carbine barrel, but was wondering if you can mount one on a 16" mid-lenght barrel.  The reason I ask is that I am going back to the sand box and my chain of command is allowing me to bring an upper along as long as it is able to mount a bayonet.  I would prefer to have a 16" barrel if possible.  Thanks for any help you can provide.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:57:19 AM EDT
[#1]
yes, midlengths can mount a bayonet. I'd be sure to get a chromelined one if you are going to the sandbox.  Check with some of the vendors on the EE.
Good luck
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Just for additional confirmation, a standard M7 bayonet went on my middie just fine.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 1:04:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, they'll fit. I'm in the process of getting parts for one now, but it won't be done for a couple months........spent almost all the money in my "gunfund" this weekend on 2 RRA M4 stocks, 2 RRA LPKs, and a "RESTRICTED CIVILIAN USE ONLY" Superior Arms lower. Next weekend, I'm getting a RRA lower (this is going to be the mid-length)

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 1:53:22 PM EDT
[#4]
You're on a roll, WIZZO!!

Hell yes!
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:14:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:07:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm interested in midlength, too.  Besides Armalite and RRA, who makes chrome-lined midlength uppers?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:18:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You're on a roll, WIZZO!!

Hell yes!

I'm on a roll....till this weekend when my wallet goes empty and I have 2 complete lowers lying around.

Oh well, I have my 2 other AR's to keep me company through the long, lonely nights until I can afford the uppers for both the lowers.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:51:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey I just got a Mega lower I'm building and I'm trying to decide between carbine or midlenght. Can you get M4 style handguards in mid lenght? Or are they compleatly differnt critters?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:13:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Cav Arms midlength from DSG ( RustyTX) it is chrome lined and has the large M4 style handguards although they are mid length ( much longer than carbine)  The Cav upper is a 1/9 twist and mine did not have a bayo lug but I understand later versions will.   You might check www.dsgarms.com and see when they'll get more in.   I've ordered 2 uppers from them and they've shipped fast and are very easy to deal with as well as being an arfcom supporting business.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:20:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Fisty,

Did you pick that Mega up at the ARPC gunshow?

Mr45auto,

How is the quality of the CavArms uppers?  I was looking at them on DSG a while back but they seem to be on perpetual backorder.

The more I think about it the more I want midlength.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:47:32 PM EDT
[#11]
The Cav upper is great, I've had no negative issues with mine.   One slightly annoying thing is my rear buis is cranked a bit farther left to zero it than I'd like but it shoots straight and accurately.   100% reliability with all ammo tested.   It's become my favorite upper and my go-to rifle.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:11:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I believe you can get M-4 style handguards from either cav arms or RRA for a midlength.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:02:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'm interested in midlength, too.  Besides Armalite and RRA, who makes chrome-lined midlength uppers?

CMMG will have a batch of middy barrels ready hopefully this month.  You can find them in the Industry forums.  I don't know if they'll be selling them as complete uppers though.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:20:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I would advise you to mark that upper in such a way that it connot be claimed to be govt property.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top