Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 6:53:20 PM EDT
How is the fit to upper and finish of  Essential Arms lowers ?Color match to old Colt grey upper ( for possible M16/SP1clone)? Cast or forged?Thanks for help.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:10:26 PM EDT
[#1]
THey match o.k., are investment cast (by ruger reportedly) and are as close to the A1 form as you'll likely get without actually getting an original. I've got two rifles built on them and have worked fine for years.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:05:14 PM EDT
[#2]
They are Cast Receivers - Built like tanks!!!

i have a EA lower with a Colt M16A1 upper  Stamped  C H   .. Has a  Colt 16inch   1/12 twist  CMP Chrome bore Barrel ,  Colt Carbine Hand guards, Colt Pistol grip, Origional  black Colt  AR-15 2-position, rubber coated collapsible stock, Colt Green Label Full Circle Carrier in it ..

.color is abit off but looks okay to me .. The Fit is Perfect !!

i hope this helps you to Build your Rifle ..

Check out the pics  -click on them

EA Rifle #1

EA Rifle #2

Eagle20

[email protected]

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:26:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey Eagle 20 NICE carbine! Just about exactly what I have in mind for my build.My puter kind of dark,thats the grey right?Still looking for a BBL.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:31:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Essential Arms  I'm thinking about getting their steel lower for use with my .50 Beowulf (added weight to cut down on recoil).
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:32:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They are Cast Receivers - Built like tanks!!!

i have a EA lower with a Colt M16A1 upper  Stamped  C H   .. Has a  Colt 16inch   1/12 twist  CMP Chrome bore Barrel ,  Colt Carbine Hand guards, Colt Pistol grip, Origional  black Colt  AR-15 2-position, rubber coated collapsible stock, Colt Green Label Full Circle Carrier in it ..

.color is abit off but looks okay to me .. The Fit is Perfect !!

i hope this helps you to Build your Rifle ..

Check out the pics  -click on them

Eagle20

[email protected]

hey, if you replace the "url" with "img" you display the pics... nice rifle btw
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:07:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Hi Triggerbender

Yes it is Gray Color .. The 16 inch  1/12 twist colt barrels are a bit hard to find ..  post a wants to buy for one ..

Thanks
Eagle20

cduarte - Thanks for the sugestion .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top