Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 5:54:10 PM EDT
I putting together a new lower for my SPR and I was wondering what trigger do you use? I've used a Rock River 2-stage that I thought was horrible. I also used a great jewel from Georgia Precision. But for this rifle I'm not sure....
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#1]
JP
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#2]
KAC

but if you don't want to spend KAC money I've got an EXCELLENT WOA/RRA 2 stage with 300rds through it for sale on the EE
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#3]
What didn't you like about the RRA trigger? If you don't like the initial takeup of two stages in general then a nice single stage like a JARD or an Accuracy Speaks might be a more prudent choice for your SPR project.

If you do want a premium two stage my personal choice would be Knight's without question. The KAC is built for serious, hard use. They aren't cheap, but they are worth every single penny. Of all of my aftermarket AR triggers, the KAC is my favorite by far-the others aren't even in the same league. In a single stage my favorite is Accuracy Speaks, although I like the JARD a lot too.

For what it's worth, I share your disdain for RRA's trigger. One of mine required extensive tweaking before the gritty takeup improved, and the other transformed itself into a featherlight single stage after only a few hundred rounds of M193. I've never owned a WOA tuned RRA two stage, so I don't know how much of an improvement it is over a stock RRA.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#4]
KAC (wish I could justify the cost of just one)
JP (have two lowers set up with these, very nice)
Jewell (never tried one in an AR, but the one in my Rem. 700 is sweet!!!!)
LMT two stage (just installed one in my SAM-R, but haven't shot it yet)
Tuned RRA (don't own one)

Line up the rest after those.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
KAC (wish I could justify the cost of just one)

Trying to justify toy purchases can really take the fun out of online shopping. I avoid it at all cost.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:12:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Mongo-do you have a second to answer some questions about your LMT trigger?

How was it to install? Is it a drop-in trigger or does it need to be fitted? Do you have to notch the disco or anything? What were your intial impressions about component quality, crispness, takeup etc?

Thanks in advance for your help. I've been hoping to find someone who has installed one

MikePenn-please accept my apology. It is not my intention to hijack your thread
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:27:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

How was it to install? Is it a drop-in trigger or does it need to be fitted? Do you have to notch the disco or anything? What were your intial impressions about component quality, crispness, takeup etc?

Thanks in advance for your help. I've been hoping to find someone who has installed one

Dropped right in a newer PWA lower like it was made to fit it.  I used a KNS anti-rotation pin set with it as well.  Just put it in Friday, but haven't shot with it yet.  Some controlled dry firing shows that it is smooth.  It really feels nice, almost like the JP in my other setups.  Will update after I run some rounds through the rifle.  The new Leupold scope is supposed to be on the way for it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Excellent, thanks Mongo!

I'll keep my eyes open for your range report
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:29:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Hey if you have questions ask away.

I forgot about McCormick, anybody try it?

My Rock River's trigger pull was very inconsistent. I know alot of people don't like a jewel trigger in a combat weapon but the last time I checked most of us aren't in combat. I like the KAC because it comes with a 3.5lb spring. I liked my 2 stage jewel because you can adjust it to whatever pull weight you wanted.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I know alot of people don't like a jewel trigger in a combat weapon but the last time.

Looks like it has too many moving parts for sand and grit to get into.  That's my non-sandbox playing, armchair commando opinion, of course.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:34:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#12]
How adjustable is the KAC?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top