Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 2:49:25 PM EDT

On my Colt, the BBL nut is indexed in a position that the handgaurds are not lined up with the FSB, and carry handle.. It is rotated to the right a little..

Do you think the bbl nut may be loose, or installed incorrectly? This is a Factory LEO Colt 9mm, so the nut doesnt need to line up for the gas tube..
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the gas tube binding with the nut?

How far off are we talking here?  I was told the barrel nut has to be on square for TROY's to go on square-  all it would take is a little tightening or loosening of the barrel nut...so if you have a wrench and a block, you could fix it no problem.

Could you take a picture?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:57:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok I edited, because I don't wanna cut the delta ring off, and I just saw that on Troy's website, so the MRF is out..

There is no gas tube on the 9mm as it is blowback.. A buddy of mine has a bbl but wrench I can borrow, i will se if I can tighten it a bit.. It is only off mabye 1/16th of a inch..

Will post pic after dinner..
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Is the gas tube binding with the nut?

How far off are we talking here?  I was told the barrel nut has to be on square for TROY's to go on square-  

No they don't.  They need to line up the gas tube with the slot for the gas tube but that isn't any issue with this weapon.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ok I edited, because I don't wanna cut the delta ring off, and I just saw that on Troy's website, so the MRF is out..

You need to -remove- the delta ring, no reason to cut it off.  If you've got access to the tools to tighten it a little then you've got access to the tools to remove the barrel, take the delta ring off then put the barrel back on.   Even if you were willing to cut the delta ring I'd advise against it because pulling the barrel and removing the delta ring the proper way is a lot less messy and takes much less time and effort.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:42:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Overlooked the fact that its a 9mm.  Thats what I get for not reading the second half of the post.

The only reason one would have to cut the delta ring off is they either don't have the tools, or they don't want to have to deal with re-zeroing after removing the barrel.  

But since you have to mess with the barrel nut either way, might as well just take it off and slide the delta ring off.

Scott
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top