Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2004 4:21:18 AM EDT
Hello,

Does Bushmaster's 20" upper assembly have a round or triangular handguard cap? Can I replace the round handguards with triangular ones? Where to buy triangular handguards and how much they run for? Thanks.

Best.
Petri
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:29:45 AM EDT
[#1]
20" barrels should have a trianglur handguard cap.  It can fit both the older triangular A1 handguards and the round A2 handguards.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:47:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Check the EE for the hand gaurds. If you want to pay out the nose then you can get a pair of hand gaurds from Fulton Armory. But you are going to pay $25.00 plus shipping plus you will have to refinish them because they won't be in all that good of shape.

My advice is find a set of hand gaurds from the EE. You still might have to refinish them but they'll be alot cheaper.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

My advice is find a set of hand gaurds from the EE. You still might have to refinish them but they'll be alot cheaper.

I got a set from Mike  on the EE, brand new and only $12 including shipping!
Awesome deal, Mike!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:48:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Speaking of refinishing the handguards,

Do you guys have any tips? Fine sand paper? Paint?

I recently bought a complete A2 lower...and on the stock were stains of gun oil or some other grease. I was kinda pissed off because it looked real ugly. What I did was I took a piece of cloth and a bottle of gun oil and I "stained" the whole stock. Now it looks just perfect, almost black and suprisingly enough the stock won't stain clothes!

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:17:01 AM EDT
[#5]
No tips. I haven't tried refinishing my yet. But they do need it. But I will happily accept some tips.

BTW, I didn't get mine off the EE. I got them from somewhere else
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:21:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Will the handguards fit with the later model delta ring without any problems?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep.  No problem on the delta ring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top