Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2004 8:35:22 PM EDT
From what I have heard, hard chrome and acetone is a no no. Does this mean no BoreScrubber on hard chrome lined barrels or hard chromed firearms?

Thanx.
Sammy
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:52:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Is bore scrubber like brake cleaner? I've never heard of any adverse effects. Hell, I sprayed out my entire upper receiver for the first time recently to do a detailed cleaning of it and nothing happened to the chrome in it or the barrel.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:55:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't heard, but I would be very surprised to hear that such a durable surface would be easily damaged. Chrome is very corrosion resistant. LMK what you find out.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I just started cleaning my rifle and I know what you are talking about now, Bore Scrubber by Birchwood Casey. I've used it for years without any problems on my AR15, which has a chromed lined barrel and chrome chamber.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:42:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I talked to Tripp Research, and I was told the cleaners remove the lubrication from the hard-chrome, but it does not affect the hard-chrome itself. Therefore, after using such cleaners, to lubricate areas of friction (no duh), and to not let the affected areas dry out. He also mentioned the best cleaner of firearms is white-lithium and a soft toothbrush.

Sammy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top