Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2004 5:28:01 PM EDT
I have dumb question...
I have a 20" HBAR that I'm sending out to Kurt to get turned down to A2 and have the muzzle threaded for an A2 suppressor. I noticed in the pictures that I've seen of "preban" barrels, the little step down at the end of the barrel is still there behind the suppressor. If I get my postban 20" barrel threaded, will that little step down be gone, and also, for those who have had this done, does the lettering on the barrel, the B MP 5.56 get removed?

Thanks!!

RMK
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I noticed that also, but IMO, that is too small of a detail to worry about.  Just get it threaded.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:56:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I wasn't "worried" about it... I was just curious. I was wondering if I was going to end up with a shorter overall length than I would with a factory threaded barrel. It's no big deal to me, and I'm getting the work done, just wondered how it would come out.

RMK
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I wasn't "worried" about it... I was just curious. I was wondering if I was going to end up with a shorter overall length than I would with a factory threaded barrel. It's no big deal to me, and I'm getting the work done, just wondered how it would come out.

RMK

It won't shorten your barrel and if you wanted that detail put in, Kurt would be one of the people that could do it for you.  Probably wouldn't cost anything extra, either.  
Top Top