Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 6:53:32 PM EDT
I know I could of used the "Search", but there is always new people with new info.  Do any of you have a yhm 4 rail ff tube (rifle length)?  What do you guys think about them?  I hear they are kind of heavy.   If you have pics let see them.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:33:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey DBAR....I've got a YHM 4 railer and it is FANTASTIC!  Its really not that heavy.  Besides most folks want all the bells and whistles and none of the added weight.  However depending on its application, you like myself may welcome the added weight.  Think about what your gonna use it for.  Personally I use it on my varminteer styled upper 24" etc... Every tiny shift, breath, or blink will cause the rifle to move, everybody knows this.  But if the rifle weighs more, it will move less with each shift, breath, or blink because of its mass.  Just my .02 worth...

www.del-ton.com

I bought my rifle length 4-railer for about $139.00 compared to Bushmaster wanting $200.00!

Good luck
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, JimmyThompson

Anyone else?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:51:15 PM EDT
[#3]
With assistance from LRT I built my wifes M4gery with a 4rail YHM CAR length, it's pretty sweet and only $89
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the ulralight carbine length.  I was skeptical because they are soooo cheap ($90) but SinestralRifleman said he loves em.... and he USES his equipment.... so his vouch was all I needed.  Seems fine for civilian use.  Definitely not built like a tank.... but then it is an ultralight.

I wont be buying anything else until others come in this price range.

Only bad thing I can say, it it is a little fatter than my knights m4 RAS once the panels are on.... but since I use a grip, who cares.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:58:55 AM EDT
[#5]
There is no positive, mechanical means to keep the rail system indexed.  That's my only bitch about them.  They are inexpensive, but not cheap.  They are fat, too fat for my little hands.  They are definitely an adequate product.  I had one come loose on me.  It was Loctited and torqued to the Nth degree, and it still came loose.  I quit using them at that point.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:59:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree the indexing could become an issue.............I may put an index screw through the handguard and the barrel nut, carefully of course.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:55:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I just got mine last week, but with lots of handeling and extreme shaking, it's holding solid.  I know that it's still too soon to tell for long-term, but so far, it feels steady, solid, and not too fat for my little hands.  I know that people like different things, so the only way for you to find out is to either look at pics or hold one for yourself.  As for pics... here's mine:

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:02:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Another thing to look at is the Oly FIRSH.  I ran it on my patrol rifle for a long time and never had it come loose.  Slightly different mounting and tightening, but very secure.  Please excuse the poor pic.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Great pics.  Thank you all for your input.  The good and the bad.hn
Does anyone else have the same bad experience with these?  Any suggestions about how to concour and over come this problem?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top