Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 7:25:17 PM EDT
I'm gonna try and sell that neutered DPMS upper that I've got tomorrow at the Goodman show. But I dont know what a fair price is. I dont want to be the guy people are laughing at ("He wants HOW MUCH for that? HA HA HA!), neither do I want to rip myself off. I got other things I want and hopefully this will help fund them.

Its an A1 upper, 14.5" barrel, with the same muzzle brake as this rifle:

In case that doesnt show up, its the "PANTHER? 16? AP4 POST BAN W/MICULEK COMP" off the DPMS website.

So what would be a good asking price for this?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:59:15 PM EDT
[#1]
what's the condition?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd say Very Good to Excellent.

Only scratches are on the brake. Upper is almost totally scratch-free (there might be one or two very small ones I am missing, cant really tell), still has all its finish, hell even the charging handle still has almost all its finish. Guy I got the rifle off of didnt shoot it very much, and I've put maybe, MAYBE, 50 rounds downrange with it (Its not my fault! I have had NO time to go to the range since May).

Forgot to mention, the bolt carrier is chrome, if that means anything.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:19:04 AM EDT
[#3]
There are currently "ban free" uppers of similar style being offered for $449 new, so I would say $300-$325 maybe.  Figure someone will be having the comp removed and a FS installed, and that might cost them a few bucks.  

You can always sell in the EE to someone in a "controlled" state as well, if you dont have luck at the fun show.  

If you are in a ban free state, you will probably have trouble selling, at least at this time, as EVERYONE buying AR uppers will be looking for the FS and lug...    

If you get it sold, please let us know what you got for it, curiosity you know....  

WTR

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:22:49 PM EDT
[#4]
$220. Was asking $250. Some idjit behind a table gave me a song and dance about how he does competition shooting (like I care, right?), and just wants an upper for plinking cuz he doesnt want to use his comp upper for it, blah blah, tried to get me to $200. Screw him, I think what I was asking was fair, while still giving some wiggle room. Tried to meet him in the middle at $225, he's like "Well, oh, I didnt want to spend more than 2 bills" so I walked away.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:46:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Ill give you 225 and pay the shipping to me if you still have it?
my email
[email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top