Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 8:59:12 PM EDT
I have the chance to purchase either a  Bushmaster Carbine A3 (in "preban" config.) for just under a grand  or a Colt LE6920 M4 for just over a grand.  In actuality, the price difference is about  $150 between the two.

Since I can't get both of them.....and trust me, I'd love to......I have to choose between one of the two.  I don't know if the Bushmaster is "LE/Mil" marked or not.  

Is the Bushmaster mil-spec or "close but no cigar"?

Which would you choose?

Help!  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:32:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Rock River Arms.

But between a Bushy and a Colt, I'd definately take the Bushy.  Believe it or not: Bushmaster is the most milspec rifle out there.  Bushy has the chrome lined bbl, standard milspec fire control components, and the lower will accept a auto sear (if you should buy one later down the road).  The Bushy is also as you stated, cheaper.  Customer service is top notch!

I personally don't like the Colts.  They are way over priced for starters.  They use odd sized lower reciever components---not mil spec.  Yes the Colt will accept an auto sear (I think).  Yes the bbls are chrome lined but big bucks.  Their quality control can be a bit loopy as well as their customer service.

I'm not sure if even the Colt is LEO marked.  If it has a true M4 bbl then it's only 14.5" in length.  Even by permanently affixing the A2 flash suppressor you still would'nt be to the 16" minimum.  Extra paperwork and another $200 there. (Or a Vortex/Phantom f/s)

All in all...For me, Colt is the one that is "close but no cigar".  Get the Bushy.  You'll have a better rifle with extra $$$ to spend on a tac light, scope, mags, ect.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:36:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:38:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think the Bushy is LEO marked after doing some looking.

Just be sure to get a 1/7 twist bbl for the heavier rounds or you'll be sorry!  Ha ha.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:52:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree with the RRA suggestion.  Why pay more for a Colt product?  If you must choose only between those two, go Bushmaster.  BTW, I own all three and find no difference in performance.

Regard,

Gary
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:35:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies...much appreciated.

Bushy it is.....I'll check the bore twist though first.

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:38:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have the chance to purchase either a  Bushmaster Carbine A3 (in "preban" config.) for just under a grand  or a Colt LE6920 M4 for just over a grand.  In actuality, the price difference is about  $150 between the two.

Since I can't get both of them.....and trust me, I'd love to......I have to choose between one of the two.  I don't know if the Bushmaster is "LE/Mil" marked or not.  

Is the Bushmaster mil-spec or "close but no cigar"?

Which would you choose?

Help!  

Fuck colt get the bushy.
Colt don't want to sell to civis, they don;t want our business so why give it to them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top