Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 4:55:19 PM EDT
I wanted to convert a CAR-15 to 9mm, but didn't feel like sending all my UZI mags out to have the extra cut added.  Yes, I'm a cheapskate.

Anyway, I stumbled upon the VM Hy-Tech 9mm UZI Mag Conversion Block by Ameetec Arms.  This adapter is longer than the other AR/UZI mag adapter blocks on the market, and has its own latch which engages the existing slot on an UZI mag.  At $145, it isn't much more expensive than other mag adapter blocks, and of course saves the time and expense of adding another slot to each mag.  The adapter is held in place by the existing AR mag catch, so it's easy to install/remove.

There are a couple of caveats.  While the older military mags fit well, the newer 25 and 32 round mags are too tight.  I spent about an hour with a file and emory cloth to get it to accept all of my mags.  It also lacks the ability to hold the bolt open when the mag is empty, but this is a minor issue to me.

Today was my first opportunity to try it out.  Keep in mind that this was a semi-auto test, but it functioned perfectly.  I loaded ten 25 round mags before heading out, and emptied every one without a single stoppage of any type.  I tried it with mags that fit snugly, and mags that were loose.  Every one fed fine.

I can recommend this product without reservation.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The block has been out over a year now, I got mine in the first run of 500 VM Hy-Tech made. I had the idea to use old Uzi wells left over from the M3 conversion.

Here is a couple posts about the block.

Fitting the block

Quarterbore .com  page
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top