Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 7:26:41 AM EDT
I just received my upper kit and everything was there, but when I look at the detachable carry handle,

1.  the sight is dual aperature (one unmarked and the other 0-2....both aperatures are small and look like A1 style, it does not have the A2 large aperature.)

2.  the elevation wheel is not marked 6/3 but instead is marked 0-20 in increments of five.

what do I have here?  is this bad, good.....?  

Also, the front sight post is A1 style?

comments, help

tia
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:13:06 AM EDT
[#1]
1) Could this be a National Match sight.... can anyone confirm this ?
2) Could this be a cheap "made in China" carry handle ?

Does it look expensive or cheap ? Who supplied the kit ?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:18:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I got the kit from model 1.....the kit overall is good, everything functions.  The carry handle does not look cheap and is not flimsy, the attaching screws are staked, so that the knurled knobs don't come off.  Just curious about the elevation wheel....how do I sight with it.

I called them and they said that they use NM sights as standard.  I don't know if I believe that, I just want to confirm it.

thanks
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I have an Oly carry handle with the same two small apperatures, I bought it used so no idea what its supposed to be.  I'd be interested in finding out which one is for what.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm pretty sure that the sight is NM.  Unmarked for long distance and marked for close range.  I could be wrong though.  I believe that they are at different heights to acheive change in impact at different ranges.

As far as the elevation wheel being marked 0, 5, 10, 15, 20....I haven't a clue what it is or how to use it?  This might be meters or god only knows.  I guess it's time to ship em back and see if I can get the right stuff.

otherwise, if you specify that in your order...the service was quick.  I live in IL and my kit was delivered the next day.  

-e-
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#5]
That describes my carry handle sight that I got from Model 1 perfectly.  I don't care for it.  I like the A2 sights better.  I never could figure out what the numbers on the elevation knob mean.  I love the rifle (16" lightweight CAR kit), don't like the sight.  I took it off and put on a scope.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:58:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
As far as the elevation wheel being marked 0, 5, 10, 15, 20....I haven't a clue what it is or how to use it?  This might be meters or god only knows.  I guess it's time to ship em back and see if I can get the right stuff.

It's a Match type drum.  It's marked in # of Clicks, and I'll be each click represents roughly a 1/2 moa increment.

The range marked drums (i.e. the 8/3 types) are ranged marked for a particular ammo/barrel combo - so the markings may not mean anything to your rifle (though they are usually close to 400M).

With a drum marked in clicks you can zero it at your favorite range (I recommend Chuck's 50y/200m zero) then figure out how many clicks up for various distances for YOUR rifle shooting YOUR ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top