Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 5:31:02 AM EDT
I have not gotten excited about the AWB ending until now (because this is the first time that I have actually thought it is going to end).  Now that it is almost over I want to finally give my rifle the flash suppressor that it deserves.

What is the best manufacture?

This pic really has nothing to do with the question, but I love it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:34:42 AM EDT
[#1]
i like my Phantom...

Bushmaster make a new one that looks cool.   $ 34.95
This revised version of the very effective Phantom Flash Suppressor is machined without a bottom slot so that it won’t kick up a dust signature when you are firing from prone position. This suppressor offers superior flash hiding with excellent performance in all conditions. Fits threaded muzzle Pre-Ban barrels, and can only be used on a Pre-Ban firearm, or by Law Enforcement/Military personnel. Made from gun quality steel and phosphate coated to mil. specs - 2 1/4” long - requires a crush washer or peel washer for correct “timing” (positioning) on the barrel.

ed to say.
it's a baby trap!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:39:45 AM EDT
[#2]
This is the tops in FS: www.smithenterprise.com/0100_Vortex_Page.htm, best made best at flash-suppression, bar none.

VORTEX, get it (G6) from Smith and you'll know your not getting a copy.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:47:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Someone tested them all a while back, and Vortex came out on top for Flash supression.  

Phantom was a close second.... and some people like the phantom better because it is less likely to hang up on vegetation and such..... if you spend a lot of time humping in the jungle.  

Personally.... if the A1/A2's are good enough for our boys.... they are good enough for me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:09:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Someone tested them all a while back, and Vortex came out on top for Flash supression.  

Phantom was a close second.... and some people like the phantom better because it is less likely to hang up on vegetation and such..... if you spend a lot of time humping in the jungle.  

Personally.... if the A1/A2's are good enough for our boys.... they are good enough for me.

I spend a lot of time humping at the range.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:17:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Me too.  All the nutsacks that obsess on flash elimintation on this site, probably don't even have NODS anyway.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:31:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

He's rollin eys at me over the fact that in testing (which I did and noted in the past) the Vortex does hang-up/snag in jungle or thick brush, something I have pointed out many times in the past.

Wedge asked which is best at FS, I told him.

FWIW, one of my M4s has the A1, which I prefer over the A2 and the other 14.5 LMT M4 has a perm Phantom for the reasons noted.

Still doesn't negate the fact that the G6 works best.

BTW I do most of my humping in bed......

Mike
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:40:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Mr. Wilson that was great.  I'm not getting into the fight, although I bought Bushmaster phantoms for both of my AR's, whatever it's worth.  Just thought I'd tip my hat to the greatest reply I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:52:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
He's rollin eys at me over the fact that in testing (which I did and noted in the past) the Vortex does hang-up/snag in jungle or thick brush, something I have pointed out many times in the past.

Dude - if you think that was in any way directed at you or anything you have said in the past.... you are a little narcissistic.  I have read that from several people, mag writeups, etc over many years here.....  

If you read my post.... I am in complete agreement.  Vortex is the best.  Everyone knows that.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Sure seems like everyone is a little on edge these last few days.  It must be all the pent up agression about this AWB sunset... and now that it looks like we have won... we need a new enemy.  Lets just hope it doesnt vent out to be each other.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top