Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 7:51:37 PM EDT
In general, which companies should I look for when I'm buying an upper or lower? Who should I avoid? The parts in question will be used to build an M4gery, so keep that in mind if you were planning to suggest "space gun" / DCM/ Highly accurized parts.

Is it essential to use the same manufacturer for the upper and lower, assuming both are good quality?

Right now I'm considering Bushmaster or RRA, is there any reason to favor one over the other? I already have a Bushmaster AR and have been perfectly satisfied with it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I prefer RRA over Bushamster.  And their less pricey too.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#2]
this thread will be a lot shorter if you'd ask who makes the bad stuff.  

stay away from;
hesse / vulcan arms
american spirit arms
oly plinker model
cast lowers

everything else is good to go IMO.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:06:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:49:07 AM EDT
[#4]
CMT/Stag Arms makes good uppers and lowers, very high quality.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:39:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
CMT/Stag Arms makes good uppers and lowers, very high quality.

They also make the lowers for Rock River and Century Arms.  Exact same pieces except for the markings, and you don't have to put up w/that yucky pic of a deer on the side---tho late production Rock River pieces have their almost as yucky emblem. Get whichever you can find least expensive; cause they're all the same and all good.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:40:12 PM EDT
[#6]

LAR Manufacturing...

MT
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:34:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Ill put in a vote for mega machine shop..Finish is amazing, and machining is great.

went together easy with a DPMS parts kit.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:48:12 AM EDT
[#8]
ameetec, mega, double star, dpms, bushmaster. all of which i own, handled, and built on all are good products
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:54:29 PM EDT
[#9]
RRA, Bushy (though they're becoming over priced IMHO), Double Star (bought 2 in the past 3 weeks, they're nice) and from what seen of LAR and Ameetec, I'll be getting one in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:11:54 PM EDT
[#10]
in this specific order

bushmaster
rra
jt distributing
ameetec-mega
dpms

all of which i have dealt with and in "MY" opinion is the better
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:15:42 PM EDT
[#11]

and realize that some of the mentioned companies makes uppers/lowers for other companies.

Even more funny is people saying X is better than Y even though they both come from Y...  You get my drift!

mark
[email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top