Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 7:55:01 PM EDT
I know this is the wrong forum for this, but a few guys recently posted their M14's in digital camo with stock mods, and my unit just got our DMR M14's and we have about 4 weeks to put workable packages together and all we have are M14's with synthetic stocks.

We were looking for a length of pull ajustable kit and that canadian ajustable comb kit.

If you have any links to people who sell viable options please post them.  

We are hoping for something that can be installed here as our time constraints are very restrictive.

The rifles are blind with no optics or anything, we are allready ordering scopes, slings, harris bi-pods and M14 RAS's for them, but it would be nice if they actually fit a firer with his body armor on.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:59:34 PM EDT
[#1]
By the way the rifles were current production Winchester oddly enough.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#2]
hi...
try www.law483.com....i think they do lop adj stocks. hth
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:30:09 PM EDT
[#3]
The cheek rests that you mentioned are made by Rooster33 :
http://whamocamo.bizland.com/rooster33/
which law483 does have on hand. I do not think there are convetional adjustable LOP kits for the m14 - i believe most lop changes and done by sawing down the stock to fit. However, law483, and a fellow called karsten (http://www.imageseek.com/karsten/) mod stocks very nicely.
However, that being said, check out law483s and  sparrowhawk (http://www.sparrowhawkm14.com/) ar-15 adjustable stock mods which put an m4/CAR type stock on the m14 - that might work for you(sparrowhawk does not list it on his website anymore - contact him to see if they still have it)
Hope this helped a little bit, good luck!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:27:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Check out the Sage International Stock...  Has a collapsing and adjustable stock.  It's a drop in conversion that would allow attaching all sorts of stuff to rails on the forend.  It is also supposed to be like bedding the rifle without the cost and maintenance.  

It is Almost like a SOPMOD set up similar to the M4A1 concept...  Would do the same thing as the RAS but also give you the stock you want...  The best of both worlds...

Fulton Armory has them...  Fulton Armory

Also check out Battle Rilfes and M-14 Forum for other great info on setting up a nice M-14...  It will probably only cost you a couple pictures of current issue M-14s.  There was even a group of forum members that helped train some Army shooters on their "new" M-14s prior to deploying...

Spooky
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Hi GreenO,
there is another option to the Sage stock and that is the Troy SOPMOD M14 stock.   Look here:  Troy Industries  I really like the looks of this unit.   I'm considering one for my M1a.    To many great products coming out these days.

Good luck, and thank you for your service!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:32:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Adjustable LOP is going to be tough unless you can fork out some real cash for Troy or Sage - for use with optics I really believe you'll be OK with the Rooster cheek rest/adjustable comb... LAW483 as recommended would be a good place to send your stocks for the install of the Rooster cheek rest and he can refinish the stocks with tectured grip surfacing and paint in desert tan for use in the sand box - this would be the fastest way without spending a fortune (other than just buying the Rooster check rests and installing them yourselves).

Good luck and thanks for your service.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:39:37 PM EDT
[#8]
The SAGE stock looks reasonable (compared to a modded stock and KAC RAS.) but my only concern with it is that it might make maintenance (just keeping external parts corrosion  and debris free an issue-- like theop-rod itlooks like it requires an allen wrench for takedown.

The indicators we hadthat it was brandnew production were the new Winchester box, the fact it was not packed in cosmoline, and most notably the fact that the winchester logo on the reciever is a new style marketing logo not the simple old WINCHESTER stamping of military guns.  

They are brand new or arsenal reconditioned and re-finished with new recievers and brown synthetic stocks.  Judgeing on the extent of the recondition neccessary to bring it to where it looks I would say new.  I don't have my hands on any serials though.  

They are not full auto (they have the selector parts but I was told that the auto feature was somehow overridden.  I held the rifle, but I didn't get very long to look at it yet.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:41:16 PM EDT
[#9]
here it is
""
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:54:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:13:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
here it is
"www.lux55.com/penn/Sage.jpg"

I'd like to see this stock on a SOCOM 16.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:36:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

By the way the rifles were current production Winchester oddly enough.

Got a couple of serial numbers?  The tooling for this rifle is long gone -- or so everyone thinks.
Barrel date will tell ya when the barrel was made.  Serial number will tell ya when the receiver was made.

-- Chuck

Olin(Winchester) M14 production

19214 to 54213 (35,000) Original contract, Feb. 1959

121714 to 205613 (83,900) Second Contract, April 1960

565497 to 577866 (12,370) No info on date

1031000 to 1292001 (261,002) Third and fourth contracts, 1962-63
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:49:43 PM EDT
[#13]
The Sage stock was selected for the Mk14 program.  

Our tactical sling was chosen as well.  We will begin selling them to the public as soon as we fill the present order from Crane.

Larry
Buffer Technologies
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:06:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Mk14 program ? can you tell us about it ?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:07:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Meager

I would think that the Sage would be a better solution for this situation...  The Troy is way more expensive and the turn around time looks to be too long...

But, I've got a M1A into Troy for the mod - I'll let you know how it ends up!

Spooky
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:20:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Does anyone have more pictures of the Sage stock?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm eagerly awaiting mine..here's a pic lifted from Fulton Armory's site
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
here it is
"www.lux55.com/penn/Sage.jpg"

That reminds me of the old "Maxi-14" from the late 1970's.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:12:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Would the Sage fir the Socom 16 or the Scout too ?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:14:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I remember seeing a pic, I believe it was Artifex's pic that had a SOCOM 16 in a Sage stock.  Well when I get mine I'll let you know
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:13:30 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll bet these are National Match M-14's that the state rifle teams in WI were using back in the 90's until they switched to the M16's. A couple of guys in my old Plt use to shoot on those teams and would keep the rifles in the Arms room. They were in pretty mint condition back then and got pretty low miles sittin in the Vaults at State HQ. The Disconnector's were gone but the hole in the receivers were still their. NM sights, a Bedding job, the standard NM mods.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I remember seeing a pic, I believe it was Artifex's pic that had a SOCOM 16 in a Sage stock.  Well when I get mine I'll let you know

Here's a picture that Duff requested. It's kind of an ugly set-up. It looks to busy to me.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#23]

I hadn't seen those before, thanks!!
Can't imaging how heavy it is with an M203
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 3:41:56 PM EDT
[#24]
I have one,  they are a little heavy and make sure you are using some type of scope - works really nice in scout config with an aimpoint.

Click here for more info
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:44:53 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm curious as to why nobody is talking about the SOPMOD drop in stock by Troy Industries?  I guess it may be because they aren't going to out until the end of the month.  Priced at $650. I've got one on order.

Link www.troyind.com/TROY%20M14Stockinfo.pdf

Link www.troyind.com

Just my .02

http://www.troyind.com/images/smpolicebig.jpg

http://www.troyind.com/images/sopmod3big.jpg

http://www.troyind.com/images/2sopmodm14big.jpg
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:33:39 PM EDT
[#26]
I am more interested in the Troy than I am the Sage. I am also wondering how much those rifles weigh fully assembled.

Sammy
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:55:56 PM EDT
[#27]
From what I've read on other boards the Sage is getting all the publicity because it won the Gov't contract and our SOFs are already using it.

I was really interested in the Sage stock but the "postban" version sucks. Originally, the postban model was supposed to be exactly the same as the preban, but with the adjustable stock pinned open.  Why the production models don't do that (they kept the standard wood stock so no adjustable LOP or comb) I have no idea.  As always, NJ sucks.

Will

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top