Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2004 6:52:21 PM EDT
I'm looking for an ambi safety and want to know which to get. Did a search and didn't come up with anything.  

I'm a lefty and although I've always used the standard safety, I want to get an ambi a try.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:54:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the DPMS ones the best.  They only use al allen head screw to hold the right side on.  The Bushmaster one uses an allen head screw and a roll pin.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:57:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm looking for an ambi safety and want to know which to get. Did a search and didn't come up with anything.  

I'm a lefty and although I've always used the standard safety, I want to get an ambi a try.

Thanks.

No, they aren't.  The DPMS ambi safetys look horribly cast and and porous.  I can sell you a new quality ambi safety.  I bought two when I held this one up to the DPMS and only ended up using one.  Email if interested.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No, they aren't.  The DPMS ambi safetys look horribly cast and and porous.  I can sell you a new quality ambi safety.  I bought two when I held this one up to the DPMS and only ended up using one.  Email if interested.

My DPMS one is cast and 7 yrs old and looks just as good as any 'stock' Colt M16/AR safety/selector.  Does anyone make a FORGED one?, my DPMS one works fine and has since day one.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:38:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:41:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

Huh?  Every DPMS safety I've ever seen, whether standard or ambi, looks exactly like the piece on my Colt, and Bushie. And I've got an ambi unit in my parts box right now.  When I can afford 5 more, I'l  probably put them on all my ARs, but until then,  my hand can't remember which unit is ambi and which are still one sided, so I'll just keep using my left index finger for awhile
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:22:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

Huh?  Every DPMS safety I've ever seen, whether standard or ambi, looks exactly like the piece on my Colt, and Bushie. And I've got an ambi unit in my parts box right now.  When I can afford 5 more, I'l  probably put them on all my ARs, but until then,  my hand can't remember which unit is ambi and which are still one sided, so I'll just keep using my left index finger for awhile

Well, maybe the bunch I looked at was a bad batch.  I know that happens from time to time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top