Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2003 9:09:40 AM EDT
I recently purchased a lower that my bolt catch and mag release button won't fit in.  Should I trade it in or try to sand and file until they fit?  I spoke with the company that I bought it from and they will trade it out, but I would have to wait until this weekend.  I had read many posts on this board about this brand and company and they were pretty much all positive.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:50:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Send it back and get it replaced. Unless you bought it with the knowledge that it had to be "re-worked" and you paid accordingly, you got taken. If it is not in spec. there, where else is it out of spec.? And, I bet the minute you "modify" it with a file and/or sandpaper, you will be shit out of luck with the manufacturer as far as fixing it or replacing it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 5:06:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Who made the lower?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:33:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd rather not say.  I don't want to ruin anyone's rep over this.  The company said they will trade it out, so I'll just wait til Saturday.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 3:20:58 PM EDT
[#4]
who made the parts?  
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:26:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Always modify the two dollar part.....

-- Chuck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top