Posted: 12/15/2003 5:04:58 PM EDT
I'm ready if they are.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:46:31 AM EDT
[#1]
You tell us.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:39:05 AM EDT
[#2]
[b]NO.[/b]

(I'm still waiting on my refund, D-Ray.)
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:05:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Find your answer yet?
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:23:00 PM EDT
[#4]
lol yeah im still waiting for my refund and tshirt form like 6 months ago, never again
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:22:35 PM EDT
[#5]
What's up with SableCo?

I was interested in an RRA Standard A2, but I had to get the funds.   Now that I have funds, no-one responds to my e-mails at SableCo.   What gives?
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:59:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What's up with SableCo?

I was interested in an RRA Standard A2, but I had to get the funds.   Now that I have funds, no-one responds to my e-mails at SableCo.   What gives?
View Quote
I dunno what the deal is with sableco (which is a shame, because Donnie IS a stand-up guy), but you can try Pete at [url]www.ar15sales.com[/url]. He'll build you an upper any way you want, and won't gouge you on the price, either.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:36:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I received quotes earlier from both Donnie & Pete.
I have done business with both, but Donnie has a better price.
If I don't hear from Donnie soon, I'm going to go with Pete.
It's a shame, because communication with SableCo was excellent before.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Is SableCo back to normal yet?
View Quote

Normal being what? [;)]

Now guys, we should be nice; newarguy takes it very personally when people wonder aloud about what might be wrong about doing business with sableco.

You've been warned.

[;)]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 1:48:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I have seen these things before. A nice guy tries to give customers some of the profits via too large discounts he would normaly have used to build his business. Next thing he is in finacial problems and then he is picked on by a few that had enjoyed the big discounts. When he does get back on his feet, he will do his best again, but hopefully not give away too many discounts beyond what is needed to pay taxes and all the other things that cost money to run build any business.
Food for thought, Jack
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:04:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Do the alleged unrefunded monies make up for the supposed too-deep discounts?

Business bashing thread!

IBTL
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:11:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I was actually looking forward to seeing some news myself.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#12]
I wouldnt do buisness with them again. It took about 11 weeks to get my upper. It had the wrong muzzle brake on it. I sent it back and was told I would get a refund within 30 days. I waited one month and sent them an email asking anout the $. No response. I contacted Visa. They credited my account and will withold funds from Sableco.  

To be fair, Donnie seems to be a decent guy. About halfway through my ordeal he apologized for the delay and discounted the order $70. I was too pissed to keep waiting. I ordered the upper through Adco. Much better service.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:54:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I ordered an A2 PRE-BAN upper from sableco about a year ago. I received an invoice saying "post-ban" upper...I called them, no answer, I emailed them and after 2 weeks got a phone call from my FFL dealer that the upper was there....POST BAN! Well, I was cutting the barrel back to 11.5" anyway, so I really wasn't arsed to send it back or anything. Kinda bugs me not to have the bayo lug but whatta hell, cannot use a bayonet with 11.5" barrel anyway. Absolutely piss poor service IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top