Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2003 1:48:30 PM EDT
Hello,
I have a Colt Target Match with the 20" barrel.
I want to get a extra upper with a M4 style barrel.
I'm down to ether the Bushmaster M4 16" upper with out the brake or a RRA M4 upper from adcofirearms.com which is $100 less. What do you guys think is a better upper for my Colt?
I heard the RRA's uppers fit loose.... are they still like that? does it mater much?..
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the Chrome lined 16'' RR M4 barrel with the pressed on flash hider, almost looks like the real thing. And you cant go wrong with Bushy.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I was about to order the RRA upper till I read about the looseness. I still want it...
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#3]
No probelem with looseness here. Tight as tight gets on mine.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#4]
prob depends on what lower you go onto. my rra upper was a little loose with my bushmaster lower but an accuwedge soaked most of it up.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:25:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you considered the M4 uppers with the 1/7" barrels at [url=www.cmmginc.com]CMMG[/url]?  

Out of the 2 you picked though, I'd get the RRA, simply because it's the only brand I have experience with, and am very satisfied.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:27:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll go with the RRA M4 upper then, that leaves me some cash to get a rail system :)
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:45:16 AM EDT
[#8]
If you're going RRA, give some serious thought to the 16" mid-length barrels.  

If you call them , they might still have some of the chrome-lined ones left.

[img]http://www.artifex.ws/images/carbine.jpg[/img]

RRA mid-length with DD forend
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 3:05:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I have had the opposite experience with RRA uppers.  They fit extremely tight for me.  There may have just been a batch that was made slightly looser than usual, but all the ones I have seen have been extra tight.

With the Bushmaster barrel with the plain muzzle, you can just get the end threaded when the ban expires.  Being 16", it will give you the option of mounting any flash suppressor you want, or even a sound suppressor if you would ever be inclined to do so.  With the RRA bvarrel with the pressed on fake slash suppressor, you will eventually have to have the barrrel cut down and have a flash suppressor mounted permanently when the ban ends as the barrel won't have enough material to thread even if the FFS is removed.  This will limit your otions as whichever muzzle attachment you choose will be stuck on or be a pain in the butt to replace.

Also, the Bushy is made of 4150 steel and the RRA is made of 4140.  The Bushmaster will be  stronger and much more resistant to heat damage.  Either way, you will have a good barrel as both companies are top notch in what they manufacture.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top