Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2003 3:54:03 PM EDT
Anybody ever heard of these? I just picked up a set and they are both very nicely done and finished. The lower is marked CMT-15 and the upper has a Key hole marking behind the case deflector. Still not sure what I am going to build this set into. Maybe a post ban SPR...

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 4:47:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Recent Bushmaster and RRA uppers have the same marking.  If the uppers are good enough for them, they must be O.K.  [;)]

BTW, my Bushy has the same mark and it's a fine upper.  I believe my RRA lower is CMT as well based on a previous thread.  My serial is CM 198XX.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 12:45:08 PM EDT
[#2]
CMT makes excellent lowers I can vouch for that. I have been really happy with mine. They are mil-spec drylube coated internally too.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 1:42:06 PM EDT
[#3]
[url]continentalmachinetool.com[/url]

[img]continentalmachinetool.com/images/sections/firearms.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:19:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought 2 sets after meeting 2 CMT employees who had a table at a local gun show. I was invited to the plant for a quick factory tour, and bought the sets there, right at the factory.

Nice people, cool factory. They were making uppers & lowers for both RRA & Bushmaster, although the factory rep of one of those companies will deny that the lowers are being manufactured there.

Oh no, I said it again...

Anyways, the marking on the upper identifies the FORGERY that forged the raw, unmachined blank to CMT.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 5:32:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I sat down and looked at these side by side with my prized PWA prebans and the CMT has it all over the PWAs and i never thought I would say that. So At $169.00 for a set with a flat top, I am WAY happy with them. I am going to stock up on a couple for no ther reason than hopes that the ban will sunset. If it doesn't I can still build postban SPRs out of em.

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 3:18:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Would someone out there mind posting a nice, clear picture of a recent C.M.T. roll-marked lower?  I know its alot to ask but I too would like to pick-up one of these in the future.  The lowers they made for Century  Arms Inc. looked perfect.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 11:46:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Where can one purchase these CMT uppers/lowers/etc?

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 6:03:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I've been selling CMT Lowers and flattops for over a year now and the quality is great. The overall finish is a lot smoother, almost no machine marks like what has been comming out of COLT latley.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top