Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2003 5:06:03 PM EDT
I was wondering what does a RRA stage two trigger feels like,I mean is it worth the money,what does it do?I also what some pictures of your A2 Sir systems,Im thinking of doing my next project like that,I got one all decked out,brought an AK,now I just cant stop wanting more and more Ars,Im a freak!Thanks in advance
  [email protected]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it is worth it.  It has a bit of take up in the trigger, then you hit a stop.  After that, about another pound of pressure fires the rifle.  Overall trigger pull is between 3-4 pounds.  Mine came preset to 4 pounds but is very crisp and I like it a lot.  Most of the weight is in the take-up (first stage) then another pound fires (second stage).  
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 7:18:28 PM EDT
[#2]
So,it makes it quicker or "lighter" to pull the trigger next rounds out?.So these would be good for rapid fire?.How many pounds is my stock Bushmaster stock trigger?.Thanks bigbore for your time.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Beware of the RRA 2 stage trigger's occasional tendency to become an unpredictable single stage, happened to me and others on this board.  After about 50rds I noticed it, took everything apart and finally figured out why, I think.  I replaced its trigger spring with a reduced power spring and that solved the problem.  I haven't shot it since so can't say if that will hold up after much usage.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 8:15:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Its a slow fire target trigger.  Its slower for rapid fire.  If you want an awesome rapid fire trigger that does not have the issues of going out of the RRA get the single stage Accuracy Speaks.  One of the best triggers you can put in an AR IMHO.  Most reliable too.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 6:11:23 AM EDT
[#5]
It is intended as a slow fire, precision trigger.  You align the sights / scope then take up the first stage to the stop.  Make your final sight alignment and break the shot with a slight increase in pressure.

No problems hosing with it if need be [;)].
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 7:58:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok,I think I understand now.Then it would be a great trigger set up for my Ar with the Trijicon TA01.Thanks guys
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 9:17:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I have put 200 rounds downrange so far in the .458 SOCOM with the RR NM two-stage trigger.  No problems yet.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 2:18:31 PM EDT
[#8]
same here had zero problems.
 free
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 2:58:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Okay....so does one have to be much of a rocket scientist to install it or should it be farmed out? [thinking]
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#10]
no, if you can remove and install a factory fire control, you will have no problem installing the RRA trigger.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 4:17:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Have 2 RRA NM trigger equpted ARs never a problem 1 I instaled 1 I got with lower . If you can tune up a car you can install the trigger .you will like your AR a whole lot more with it .
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 4:20:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I think Im going to have one installed,It sound like it a good option for the Acog TA01,and my dealer will let me watch him put it in,so next time I would be able to do it my self.Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 6:57:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Ditto....Thanks
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 3:36:06 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a 2-stage RR. It often fires as a single stage, which I find dangerous and unpredictable. I also have a Jewell 2-stage (a true 2-stage, which is very nice.
This said, unless there is an easy fix for the RR, out it goes.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 12:45:28 PM EDT
[#15]
For rapid fire a single stage is the way to go. There are three out there. JARD, JP and Accuracy speaks. None are drop in's, JARD is good for below 3lbs. I used the JP works fine. Accuracy speaks has no screws, and is a rework of the orginal design, no overtravel control. All three are good.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 11:41:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I have 2 RRAs and they do need adjustment for optima performance. The fading to single stage problem can be fixed by filing the back of the disconnector. After I done that, it never fail on mine. That's the price you pay for having a cost effective match trigger.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 1:31:24 PM EDT
[#17]
So rather than trashing the RR 2 stage, I sent it to John Holliger for a tune it. Best $30.00 I've ever spent - It is now a friendly 2-stage.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 7:40:05 PM EDT
[#18]
...Or you can go with an Armalite. I hear the RRA is a copy of the Armalite. I have never heard of the problems with the Armalite like those of the RRA. I wonder why if they are one and the same?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:42:26 AM EDT
[#19]
From what I can see, my trigger was polished in certain areas to remove material. I suspect the basic design is a general approach and may not always work with all lowers due to mechanical dimensional variations (my lower is a Bush Master).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top