Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2003 8:16:00 PM EDT
is this rifle really all it's cracked up to be?  it boasts 1/4" MOA.  yet, I cannot find any articles on the web that mention it.  I'm wondering why, if it is so good and cheap, it doesn't seem to be used much?
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an Olympic Service Match with an Ultra Match barrel. The barrel is one of the best I have ever seen. It is extremely smooth and uniform. It barely holds any fouling and is very easy to clean.

Accuracy has been superb. If I do my part it will usually put most of it's shots into a nickle. I haven't scoped it yet so it may be capable of doing a bit better.

I love this rifle and would definitely buy from Olympic again.

I am a Colt certified armorer. I have a good bit of experience with Colts, Bushmaster and Rock River. The new Olympics I have seen (not including the Plinker) are at least as nice, if not nicer, than any of the big named manufacturers.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:23:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I beleive that part of the reason is that this is not new. The Ultramatch has been out for 15 years and has been shooting 1/4 MOA for years. People want NEW things, and this is old news. I've owned 3 and sold more. Each one has shot at least half inch right out of the box with just decent ammo.

It's wonderful to own a rifle that you know on most days can out perform your ability to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 12:03:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Oly SUM barrels are excelent for the $$$ and they work very well.  You will be pleased with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top