Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2003 6:44:11 PM EDT
Guys I just Bought a lower and the serial # has a prefix Ive never seen before. I have a preban with the prefix "LO*****", 2 Post bans with "L23***. Most the Guys I know Have the letter "L" as the prefix on their Postbans , But this one supposedly came from Bushmaster within the last few weeks NEW and the Prefix is "BFI******" Ive never seen a BFI Prefix , Is this a new prefix on serial #s, Also the stamping of the Snake and lettering and Numbers seems very sharp and distinctive as my others you can only see if you look closly.
just wandering out loud.
chuck
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#1]
BFI is a new one on me too. The piece i bought about 18 months ago had the L prefix.

Only a guess, but Bushie may have changed the forge banging out their blanks.  I know that the Rock River and Century lowers all have prefix letters that denote the forge.  It may be that Bushie has gone the same route.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top