Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2003 1:28:21 PM EDT
during a ras2 thread here someone had wanted a pic of the EO on the ras2.  Got mine a couple of weeks ago.  Absolutely love it.  Need to get a good foregrip as the FOBUS wont fit.  (doesn't feel right on it anyway)

Pic has a weird shadow behind it but there is enough clearance.

Tex78

edited to get  right
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 9:30:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the pic Tex, I was wondering when  someone would post it.

Link Posted: 9/14/2003 5:36:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you find it forward heavy with the Eotech up front? I have been debating about getting an Aimpoint to mount on the bridge or mounting an Eothech up front.

[edited to add] Can you post a pic of the complete rifle, to see what the setup looks like, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 6:38:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd be more worried about the EOTech heating up if you emptied a few mags quickly.  Let me know if you burn it out.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 9:28:45 AM EDT
[#4]
To be honest, the EOtech came off, and a 1.5-4.5X scope went on that rifle for my first range test.  (testing for accuracy)  What I found was that the top rail barely got hot at all.  I did some slow fire, then later so improvised drills (rapid fire a couple of mags)  I expected that the rails would get uncofortable, but was suprised to find that the top rail was only warm near the FSB, and the FSB/barrel were too hot to touch.  I have never used the original RIS/RAS, but I'd assume that with metal to metal contact at the Handguard cap/FSB, that thing would be much hotter than the RASII.  Over all I was very impressed with the unit.

Furet, with an EOTech, taclight, 2 loaded/cinched mags and the heavy bushy barrel it is a bit weighty up front, but its not too bad.

Tex78
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 9:38:42 AM EDT
[#5]
By the way I got it through J&T Distributing for $335 + S&H and they actually had them in stock!  They don't list them on their website, but they have em.

Tex78
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top