Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2003 11:47:31 AM EDT
I'm looking for some kind of rail to connect my FIRSH to my flat top upper. Been looking at the ARMS #38 swan sleeve but it doesn't look like it would bolt to the handguards and the upper. if anyone could point me in the right direction to find something like this it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 3:24:15 PM EDT
[#1]
TJ,

Looking at the FIRSH. Is there a problem your trying to solve? Is the height of the handguard and receiver rail the same.

TWW
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:43:47 PM EDT
[#3]
in NewARguy's review of the FIRSH he said he wouldn't trust mounting optics on it because it may not be sound enough. I figured that a rail connecting the FIRSH to the upper would solve this. I have read that the rails do line up so I don't see why it couldn't be done.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:13:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I doubt you will find something you won't have to custom fit yourself ie. drill and tap holes to combine the rail to the firsh.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:07:01 PM EDT
[#5]
TripleJ, I have thought of this before with my FIRSH.  Now, while its not as stable as, say, a KAC, it is plenty stable if installed correctly.  I put a vertical foregrip on mine, and once tried to torque it with the upper receiver in the vise block, and it would not budge.  Don't know how strong it would be to sharp impact, but to my arms, its plenty strong.  YMMV

Ghost
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#6]
TripleJ: You are right to think the #38 will not connect the upper to the forend, the #38 is designed to attach to the upper and give you an overhang above the handguards. One version that is used for linking the KAC RAS to the upper is the #38-EX-MOD-L, this version attaches to the forend rails, BUT I am not in the know as far as actual compatability with a FIRSH, the #38-EX-MOD-L attaches with screws to buit in holes in the KAC RAS. You may be able to tap the FIRSH for this (this is a wild guess)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top