Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2003 1:29:24 PM EDT
I got a muzzle break at a gun show from Florida Gun Works,its a post ban pin on type and it looks like a birdcage.It has four slots on the top right and left sides of the break for the gas to come out.I took it out to shoot it in the woods where I have shot it many times before,But after having this break installed,I am all most sure that my rifle is twice as loud.Is this in my head,or is this thing not way to loud,or does it just seem louder to the shooter?.Thanks guys !
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Muzzle brakes tend to increase the sound signature of the AR.  Most also redirect gas toward the shooter or to the sides of the shooter.  That's why most people don't like them.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.That sucks,I have to sell my barrel,Youd have to have ear plugs,with ear muffs on to shoot this thing now.Could it be that its a after market break and is louder than it would normally be?
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 4:00:21 PM EDT
[#3]
all brakes make it louder.

cav comp, wilson brake, and KKF brake are relatively mild.

you could have one permanently installed.

check out Adco and Kurt's Kustom in the industry section here.

and no need to chuck your barrel. if it's pin on, it can come back off.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 4:46:14 PM EDT
[#4]
The best way to get the "look" is to send it to Kurt at  [url=http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/page/page/8932.htm]Kut's Kustom Firearms[/url] and have him install one of his fake flash suppressors in place of your muzzle brake.  It would look like a "real" AR and not have the increased volume of the brake.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top