Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2003 6:13:54 AM EDT
Last week I found a post on the Predator Rail System.  Can't seem to find that post now.  

Any idea what happened to that post?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 8:28:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 1:37:08 PM EDT
[#2]
they really got to think about their name for marketing purposes. "POF" reminds of "poof."
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:37:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
We are currently in negotiations with POF-USA to become advertisers.  I'm sure this thread will continue once those negotiations are concluded.
View Quote

That's great but what happened to the thread?  I was disappointed by the not so warm reception they were getting by some moderators and senior members here.  Hopefully it won't hurt the chances of them becoming advertisers.  I was interested in learning more about their product and I thought someone was going to do a comparison (even though we know how it will turn out) with the SIR & KAC.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:38:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Or a little too close to POS
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:18:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Stokes,

We have asked for AR15.com to contact us.
We have returned e-mails to you and kevin and
haven't received a call or return e-mail.
Please contact us at your earliest convenince.
Best regards,

Frank
POF-USA
www.POF-USA.com
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

See what I mean Stokes?  Why would anyone want to advertise here if they are not going to get a fair shake?  They may not make a product that is on par with KAC or ARMS but I'm sure there is a market here regardless.  No one has even handled one yet and we have comments like this.  Is anyone going to take an unbiased look at the Predator?  Good luck POF, you're gonna need it around here.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 4:58:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

See what I mean Stokes?  Why would anyone want to advertise here if they are not going to get a fair shake?  They may not make a product that is on par with KAC or ARMS but I'm sure there is a market here regardless.  No one has even handled one yet and we have comments like this.  Is anyone going to take an unbiased look at the Predator?  Good luck POF, you're gonna need it around here.
View Quote

it's just honest advice from people that ARE the market they're trying to sell to. if you were selling something, wouldn't you want to know stuff like that? i sure would.

let's face it, POF dudn't sound hi-speed. and there is not going to be much of an association between pakistan and high quality metalwork either. i think of "pakistan" being stamped on low quality knives you might find at flea markets... and that's about my only point of reference for pakistani manufactured goods.

they need to manage their brand image fer the market they're in.

though the name of the handguard itself is good for this crowd.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:17:37 AM EDT
[#8]
2Minkey,

Are you saying that JerseyGunny was just giving his honest advice on the Predator system?
Since the original thread has been deleted I can't go back and look at his part in that
conversation.  However, I am curious as to how he arrived at the honest advice of: "Or
a little too close to POS".  

Also, thanks for pointing out the Predator is made in Pakistan, I was not aware of that and
since Pakistan is one of, if not the biggest supporter of terrorism that is going to be a
hard sell on this or any gun board.  Again, if the original thread was not removed I could
have gone back and read that.

Look, I'm not even interested in buying one but I just hate to see information being given
out when no one has even seen one, handled one or taken the time to research it.  Unless
someone in-the-know can enlighten me, I'll wait until a fair and unbiased member has a chance
to test one before I form an opinion of their system.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 7:42:26 AM EDT
[#9]
The Prdedator itself, if memory serves, is actually made in the USA by a subsidiary of POF.  

I have friends in and from Pakistan.  I know for a fact they are NOT terrorists!!  You cannot say that just because populations within a country support terrorism that every person within that country supports it, as well.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 8:15:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Show me where I said every person in Pakistan supports terrorism.  Show me where I said your friends are terrorist.  I’m well aware that the majority of the Pakistan population does not support terrorism, the Taliban or Al Qaeda.  Since you are going to read too much into it I'll break it down a little further.  The Pakistan government, more importantly the I.S.I, is one of the biggest supports of terrorism.  While President Musharraf has been one of our biggest supports he is still afraid of the radicals because each tribe has a hand in that government.  In fact, didn't the I.S.I put the Tabliban in power?  The I.S.I tells us they are helping then screws us over every chance they get.  Oh yeah, they did offer to find bin Laden but said it would cost $40 million.  Sounds like blackmail to me.  I suggest you read, "Hunt for Bin Laden" by Robin Moore.  See what our troops on the ground have to say about the "help" Pakistan has given us, particularly along the border area where Taliban and Al Qaeda walk freely between the two countries.  Musharraf and his supporters are only going to be able to do so much.  Oh yeah, why were Pakistan Generals and other high ranging officials still in Afghanistan even after the fall of Mazar-i-Sharif?  Vacation?  These are just a few examples of how Pakistan supports terrorist.  The rest you can find on your own if you wish.

Edited to add: Thanks for pointing out that the Predator is made in the USA!
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 9:03:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I've offered POF-USA server space to start another thread if they are interested. I won't be charging them any fees to DISCUSS about what might be a cool new product at an affordable price.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 2:30:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Cool.
He has two offers now [;)]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#15]
right, i seem to recall that the thing is made here too, wasn't it marked as such on the side of the unit itself?

so why even bother with the association with pakistan? the only thing it will do is turn some people off. and this is not specific to pakistan. it could be Nicaraguan Ordinance Factory and I would have the same comment. shit, some american companies have had trouble getting the 1913 rail spec right, and the US is a leader in high quality metal goods.

maybe the POS comment was made in jest, i dunno, but they certainly could use a cool acronym working on their side.

and i do applaud their efforts at making a cool rail system at a good price, we certainly could use one less expensive than our current options. if it is as durable as a RAS or SIR, i'll be in line to pick one up.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:17:04 PM EDT
[#17]
A little belated, but for the record:  
My statement was not meant to call their products trash, just to point out how others might poke fun at them with regards to their name.

BTW - I'm planning on getting one for my .50 Beowulf upper soon...

...and an RROC whenever they're available....
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#18]
JerseyGunny,

The "Predator" tactical rail system was designed
for the RROC system. We helped to improve the design and reduced 1/2 lbs from original design.
The "Predator" was designed and is manufactured in the USA (Phx, AZ.).
This is the first portion of the RROC system that is available for the commerical market.
POF-USA helped designed and now is manufacturing and marketing the "Predator" rail system. We are price about $150.00 less the SIR (ARMS) system and weight less. Our system is a one piece construction made of aircraft grade alum. for strenght and rigidity.
Visit our website for pictures.
Best regards,

Frank
POF-USA
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Stokes,

Can you please contact me? No one has e-mailed me or has called me. I'm waiting for Kevin or you to contact me. Please call or e-mail.
Best regards,

Frank
POF-USA
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 9:11:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The Prdedator itself, if memory serves, is actually made in the USA by a subsidiary of POF.  

I have friends in and from Pakistan.  I know for a fact they are NOT terrorists!!  You cannot say that just because populations within a country support terrorism that every person within that country supports it, as well.
View Quote

How quickly people want to forget that Pakistan was one of our biggest allies against the Soviets while in the 80s.  Where did we learn about new Soviet equipment?  Its much easier to ignore and forget those who have helped us.

Equipment isn't going to come cheap that is made in the USA.  Blame it on labor or whatever else you want, but costs are higher over here.

I don't hear anyone crying about the AR15 steel magazines that are coming into the country, they weren't made here....
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 9:13:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I also understand that the rail is made here, just tired of the ignorance.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:16:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I also understand that the rail is made here, just tired of the ignorance.
View Quote

[b]I’m going to apologize up front but since Stickman called me ignorant I’m going to defend myself and I’m going to offer references for him to follow up on:[/b]

Dude, that was the 80’s and we had a common goal with Pakistan: to keep the Soviet Union out of Afghanistan.  Based on your logic I could say, “How quickly people want to forget that Bin Laden was one of our biggest allies against the Soviets while in the 80s”.  That’s ridiculous.  I guess we were allies with the Islamic Fundamentalist that we used to funnel all the weapons through too, right?  Why aren’t they helping now?  Should we give them a break because they were our pals in the 80’s?  Maybe Bush should say to them, “Go ahead and hide Bin Laden.  After all, you were our allies in the 80’s…let’s not forget that”.  We used them like they used us but I hardly think we were allies.  Don’t be fooled man, just because we had a mutual goal in the 80’s doesn’t mean that they liked us and that they should get some sort of break now.

Now, in 2003 we want a strong, independent, democratic government in Afghanistan but it’s in Pakistan’s best interest to have the Taliban in power.  The weaker the government in Afghanistan the better off Pakistan is.  As I said before, it was the I.S.I. that put the Taliban in power.  President Musharraf may want to help us and he seems to be doing a good job but in Pakistan the Islamic Fundamentalist rule, period.  Again, I’ll raise the question: why are our allies in Pakistan allowing Taliban and Al Qaeda freely cross the boarder to conduct raids on US Solders?  Musharraf has to walk a fine line or the Islamic Fundamentalist and the I.S.I will crush him.

I recommend the book, “Hunt for Bin Laden” by Robin Moore.  It’s offers an incredible look at the war and politics from the solders perspective.  Some of the things that are brought to light in that book made me so mad I couldn’t get to sleep.  And since you called me ignorant I decided I would offer you more proof.  I did a google search for Jane Mayer who seems to have unprecedented access to CIA, FBI & NSA officials and I found two of her most recent articles dated 7-28-2003.  There are some other URLs you may find interesting too.

[url]http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?030804fa_fact[/url]
[url]http://www.newyorker.com/online/content/?030804on_onlineonly01[/url]
[url]http://www23.brinkster.com/pakterror/article11.htm[/url]
[url]http://www.angelfire.com/al4/terror/pakistan_terrorism.htm[/url]
[url] http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?userid=38JH8JZ2SL&sourceid=00001199496032798236&bfdate=07%2D30%2D2003+10%3A07%3A32&pwb=1&ean=9780374228941[/url]
[url] http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bookSearch/isbnInquiry.asp?sourceid=00001199496032798236&ISBN=0300097603&bfdate=07-30-2003+10:07:32[/url]

Pay particular attention to what Richard Clarke (counter terrorism expert under Reagan, Bush Sr., Clinton & Bush Jr.) has to say about how the high-ranking I.S.I. officials helped their “allies” back in 1998!  It may just raise your eyebrows.  If someone has facts to back up their statements are they ignorant?  I can find more sources if you like. Pakistan may be helping us fight the war on terror but they are still one of the biggest supports of terrorism in the world so my original statement stands.  Oh yeah, don’t get me started on Saudi Arabia, Sudan or Iran [;)].

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.  Treetop, I'm looking forward to your fair evaluation.  Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 3:40:59 PM EDT
[#23]
I will have to say that Mr.M4Arc covered the current political+security situation in Pakistan perfectly. Several of you need to actually read these articles! I'm truely bewildered by some of the replys. A little piece of advise. Its best not to post a reply when you don't know crap about the subject.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:06:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Stokes,

Can you please contact me? No one has e-mailed me or has called me. I'm waiting for Kevin or you to contact me. Please call or e-mail.
Best regards,

Frank
POF-USA
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:32:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Stokes,

Our office number is 623-561-9572
Thanks for your assistance.
Best regards,

Frank
POF-USA
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#27]
http://www.pof-usa.com/AR15/ar15pr9.jpg
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 8:47:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
[url]pof-usa.com/AR15/ar15pr9.jpg[/url]
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 6:11:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Predator discussion link:

[url]http://www.pre-ban.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=13&t=2756&s=79a192013d64605176cddca9b923a883[/url]

C'mon over, sign-up and read all about it [;)]
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 1:01:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Simply Awesome picture's of the
"Predator" tactical rail system on Cav Arms
weapons.
They must be very lite weight weapons systems!
Thanks for posting the pic's.

Frank
POF-USA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top