Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2003 1:49:11 PM EDT
Anybody else had problems getting orders from Fulton Armory? Any history of poor service with this company?
On 7/10 I ordered a complete upper, light mount, handguard rail, and vertical grip. I talked to “Clint” about my upper configuration, and he assured me it was in stock. I specifically had “Andrea” (who was taking the order) make sure all parts were in stock so there’d be no shipping delays waiting for backordered stuff. She assured me all was in stock, and it should go out the next day.
I even arranged my days off to be here the last 3 days so the order wouldn’t get shipped back because no one was here to sign for it.
Today, 7/16, I called to find out that it hasn’t been shipped yet! When I asked why, the girl just said, “I don’t know. I’ll pass it on.” I haven’t heard anything from them as of close of business today.

I hadn’t read much about FA on this site, they seem the least mentioned of the major suppliers, but their products looked and sounded good.
FA hasn’t charged my credit card yet, I’m wondering if I’d be better off dumping my order with FA and going with another supplier?

UPDATE: 7/17/03
I canceled my order with them this morning. Andrea could't find my order when I called today, and had no explanation as to why it hadn't been completed and shipped. The only thing she could say was, "Well, they've been busy back there." When I reminded her that we'd been over each item to make sure it was in stock so there would be no delay, she had no explanation as to why the order hadn't been shipped or completed. She said she could "try" and get it out early next week. I just canceled it altogether. With customer service like that, I'd not have much confidence in the product, or service after sale.

I'll probably try M&A or JT next.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 2:24:58 PM EDT
[#1]
FA is about a 45 minute drive from me...so I went last week to pick up a set of Liberator handguards.  They're a pretty small outfit, by the looks of it; Clint came out and talked to me, and answered a couple of my silly questions.  Nice guy.  

My guess is they get swamped like most small businesses; I've never seen any negative comments about them, so I wouldn't worry about getting ripped off.  

I've seen some of their finished stuff...it's very nice, so it might be worth the wait, but that's your call, and I certainly understand how anxious we get when there are guns to be built!  

One thing...Camp Perry has started...even though the Highpower stuff isn't until August, a lot of these little shops are probably hit with stuff they have to get out the door for people to use, so it's probably very busy for them now.  

Give 'em another shout, and see if they come through for ya.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 2:33:47 PM EDT
[#2]
That's true - when Camp Perry starts they really slow down most of the crew head out there.  I can't even go and pick up my orders (like I normally do) during the national matches.

I've always had good service with the company.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 2:38:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, Clint told me that I needed to get my order in that day or the next so it would go out due to them going to Camp Perry...that's one of the reasons I went ahead and ordered right then. Maybe I should have shopped around a bit more.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 2:48:17 PM EDT
[#4]
FA is a great outfit and have always been very helpful in anything I asked.  Clint will return his email promptly and Andrea is also a great help.  Call them back and explain what is going on.  They ship priority mail and I've never been disappointed.

D. Goodnight
OKC, OK
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 3:43:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Clint McKee is honorable, provides a quality product, and has helped us out.  Definitely one of the good guys.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#6]
JayCee, I hate even to mention this, but I'm helping a buddy with his first AR...we ordered a CAR stock assembly from Fulton Armory online Monday night...well, he called...it was at his house when he got home tonight!  

My guess is there *may* be some of the old human factor in your story...maybe someone at FA just forgot to hit the "enter" button somewhere along the way...I'd call one more time and explain all this again...pretty sure they'll try to make it right.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 11:52:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I had a little trouble with the shipping dates of my FA order, but still I am sure I had the order in less than two weeks.  They just didn't quite hold up to the amazing shipping time they quoted me.  Certainly a good business to deal with and I would order again.

Once Clint even agreed to build an upper assembly for me using parts that he did not stock or recommend, he said something like "well, the customer is always right, just have the parts sent here".  I opted for just ordering what he recommended.

--Dan
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 4:51:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I looked over the FA shop (looking at MIA's) at Perry several years ago.  They might not be very fast, but the do it right when they build it.  You're better off having someone take a little more time and get you a quality product.  I do think I would be frustrated when the seem to have lost your order, but I think you will be hard pressed to find a better quality shop.  If you are seriously wanting to go elsewhere, get a JT.  Great quality and even better customer service.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 3:56:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anybody else had problems getting orders from Fulton Armory? Any history of poor service with this company?
On 7/10 I ordered a complete upper, light mount, handguard rail, and vertical grip. I talked to “Clint” about my upper configuration, and he assured me it was in stock. I specifically had “Andrea” (who was taking the order) make sure all parts were in stock so there’d be no shipping delays waiting for backordered stuff. She assured me all was in stock, and it should go out the next day.
I even arranged my days off to be here the last 3 days so the order wouldn’t get shipped back because no one was here to sign for it.
Today, 7/16, I called to find out that it hasn’t been shipped yet! When I asked why, the girl just said, “I don’t know. I’ll pass it on.” I haven’t heard anything from them as of close of business today.

I hadn’t read much about FA on this site, they seem the least mentioned of the major suppliers, but their products looked and sounded good.
FA hasn’t charged my credit card yet, I’m wondering if I’d be better off dumping my order with FA and going with another supplier?

[b]UPDATE: 7/17/03[/b]
I canceled my order with them this morning. Andrea could't find my order when I called today, and had no explanation as to why it hadn't been completed and shipped. The only thing she could say was, "Well, they've been busy back there." When I reminded her that we'd been over each item to make sure it was in stock so there would be no delay, she had no explanation as to why the order hadn't been shipped or completed. She said she could "try" and get it out early next week. I just canceled it altogether. With customer service like that, I'd not have much confidence in the product, or service after sale.

I'll probably try M&A or JT next.
View Quote

What can I say but that we screwed up.  No excuses.  You were inconvenienced, for which we apologize.  No customer should have to experience what you did.

Fortunately, this is not a common occurance, as the other responses testify.  

If something such as this does happen, call Clint, the owner, at

800-878-9485

or e-mail him at

[email protected]

or e-mail me at

[email protected]

We do know how to do it right; give us a chance to redeem ourselves should it happen to you, God forbid!

Very best regards,

Walt Kuleck
VP/Marketing
Fulton Armory
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top