Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2003 10:31:29 AM EDT
I got my first AR-15 yesterday.  It is a preban Eagle Arms with a collapsable stock and bayonet lug.  Is anyone familiar with Eagle Arms?  Are they reliable? Milspec?  I paid $600 for it, did I get ripped?  Pictures can be seen at http://community.webshots.com/user/keith5579  Thanks in advance.  Keith
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 10:56:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, they are reliable and very well built. Current EA's are built by Armalite. Preban they were a separate company that purchased the rights for the Armalite name and reorganized under the Armalite brand.  Their history can be found on the Armalite web site. No, you did not get ripped off, in fact you probably made about 98% of the board wish they could have found that deal first.  That would be a good price on a post ban, on a pre ban it is outstanding.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 1:49:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Great find....now do yourself a huge favor and use the $500 you saved to go get some decent magazines [:)]
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Some people have all the luck in the world.  You lucky dog![;)]
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 5:21:57 PM EDT
[#4]
There was a write up on eagle arms around 1989 or 1990 in the American Rifleman (ALL of you should be getting this as I'm sure ALL of you are lifetime NRA members, right?).  Their review of the rifle placed the quality of it on par with colt, but the EA actally had a couple of improvements over the colt.  You should see if you can find the article.  You can't BUILD a good post ban for under $600, so you got a hell of a deal on it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#5]
[b]Keith's Eagle[/b]

[IMG]http://community.webshots.com/s/image5/8/73/10/80787310daMEGD_ph.jpg[/IMG]

I have two pre-ban Eagles.  Mil-spec reciever pins, but the barrels are not chrome lined.  Ive replaced mine with Bushmaster flat top uppers.

Love em.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 7:01:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 8:22:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies guys!  I appreciate all the input.  So I guess I did get a good deal.  Now I just need a litte time to go shoot the darn thing.  Thanks again. Keith
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top