Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2003 4:31:36 PM EDT
Well, this is what I have so far...

Bushy 1/9" 14.5" HBAR (being fluted to death as we speak)
PRI Front BUIS
ARMS #50 SIR
ARMS #40 Rear BUIS
Colt Remfg'ed R6601 Lower
Cheapo Telestock and sidesling mount(Being replaced with a MagPul M93 ASAP)
KAC Vertical Grip (Wanting an M900A BAD!)
Surefire M3 w/ Red Lenscover
KAC Match Trigger
PRI Fatboy Gastube
SPR Grip (looking at other options)
G5 Vortex
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree...

Just added some stuff to the last upper I picked up off of the EE (Thanks Green0!) and got this. As soon as I get a BUIS I'll post a pic of the KAC RAS2 Rig.

And just to add, I've got a Comp M2 on its way, so... Optics are FINALLY taken care of. Thanks for looking!

-Cap'n

http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data/500/3790MyCarbine.jpg

http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data/500/3790MyCarbine2.jpg
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 7:32:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
SPR Grip (looking at other options)
View Quote

Lookin' good!  

You don't like that SPR grip, why?   I was considering purchasing one and haven't heard anything negative about them.  Also, I'm curious why you chose the bi-level SIR 50 (aka "The EoTech SIR") if you're getting a Comp M2.

Link Posted: 7/8/2003 8:36:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Kisara, the SPR grip is great for a match gun, but is wearing thin as a "practical" grip. Ambi capabilities suck with the SPR, so I'm looking at a few other grips. A few guys that I shoot with use Ergo and the TangoDown grips, and I've found that they work a bit better when i shoot lefty. Don't get me wrong, cause my big paws (I wear a size 11 glove) love the grip, I just hate not having the ambi capability.

As far as choosing the #50... Well, when I bought it, the #50 was the only slimline on the market. I was using a Surefire M962 on the FFRAS that it was going to replace, and I knew that my light would be unusable unless I bought an SU tapeswitch or got the #50 instead of another #45M. So, I bought a #50, tossed the  FFRAS in the parts bin, and was a happy camper for the time being. I eventually bought an SU tapeswitch, moved the M962 to the other SIR upper, and used one of the spare M3s on this one.

Sorry to be so longwinded about that, but I figured there was no use in making a long story short ;-)

Thanks for the compliment, btw!

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 5:12:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Very nice![;)]

BTW, have you tried the M962 on the SIR 50?  If so how did you like it?
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 8:16:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Great looking rifle,If you go with the Tangodown grip try a slip over grip,The Tangodown was just a little slippery for me,so I put a slipover grip [uncle mike's Glock]on it and it's perfect now.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 11:24:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Great looking rifle,If you go with the Tangodown grip try a slip over grip,The Tangodown was just a little slippery for me,so I put a slipover grip [uncle mike's Glock]on it and it's perfect now.
View Quote

Capt, nice looking rifle.  looking forward to seeing your complete setup.

all tangodown grip are now textured.  and if you have the older version, they sell a non slip texture tape you can apply to the grip surface.

I really like the TD grip, it is probably the best grip I used so far.

Capt, nice looking rifle.  looking forward to seeing your complete setup.
[img]http://www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/guns/td-3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/guns/td-4.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:01:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, what SMGLee said above. I have TD Battlegrips on mine, the best ever.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I think they are just copying my good idea, lol, been there done that with a roll of tape from the old Lowes.

BT
BTAR
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 9:50:56 PM EDT
[#8]
SMGLee, I really wanted to try a TangoDown vert foregrip before I drop the $$$ for the M900A, hehe. I have no probs with the offset M3, IF I can get a decent grip to go with it.

I'm torn between the Battlegrip and the Ambi Ergo. Being slippery won't bother me, I've got TONS of grip-tape around here. I guess I'll get one of both, and decide which works better.

And the M962 worked great on the SIR #50, I just decided it'd be better suited for the other rifle.

I'll prolly post Monday or so with some pics of the RAS2 gun.

Now, if only someone made 16" Midlength Chrome Lined, Polygonal Rifled, Cold Hammer Forged bbls for the M16, I could get my next project started, hehe.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 9:57:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm torn between the Battlegrip and the Ambi Ergo.
View Quote

Tango holds batteries for your future CompM or M900...   Decision made.

Waiting for more great pics!
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 4:54:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Now, if only someone made 16" Midlength Chrome Lined, Polygonal Rifled, Cold Hammer Forged bbls for the M16, I could get my next project started, hehe.

-Cap'n
View Quote

You forgot to add, "in my choice of 1:9, 1:8, and 1:7 twist, and in all profiles from HB to lightweight"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top