Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2003 5:45:03 PM EDT
I was told that the below listed barrel is a (a custom 20" XX Douglas 1-7 twist chrome moly steel barrel, brand new worth $295.00. It's a DCM target match barrel)  The only marking are as follows: GSE - XX  
           P662 - 12P
           B-01  7T
           VLD

If anyone can verify this information I sure would be obliged.  Thanks fer yer time.  Take care and be safe.

Glen L.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:09:34 AM EDT
[#1]
What ever happened with Gunsmoke? They used to be very active on this site but don't post much (or at all) anymore.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:30:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I called Douglas Barrels and they were not able to provide any assistance.  Spoke with Frank at their shop and he advised me to contact Compass Lake that they buy a lot of their barrels.  I really do need ya'lls help on this one guys.  Thanks for your time.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What ever happened with Gunsmoke? They used to be very active on this site but don't post much (or at all) anymore.
View Quote

Bad business dealings on this board got them bumped off.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 2:35:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, you hit the nail right on the head there.  This is the barrel that was sent to me.  Boy do I feel like a sucker.  Gave the son $295.00 of my hard earned cash at the Melbourne Gun Show back in January of this year.  Ed, told hey not a problem I'll have it (Wilson 24", 1:8 Bull Barrel, Match grade S/S)After a lot of unanswered emails, phone messages etc.  I finally got a hold of Jr. he said he would REFUND my money.  That was back in April or March of this year.  He told me that they were involved in a "Big Government" contract and was not able to concentrate on my order.  I figured "What the hey the military needs these weapons a whole lot more than I need my lil ol barrel.  So, I patiently waited another month or two.  Started calling and emailing again in June and finaly recieved an email back from Dad saying that JR. was no longer afiliated with the company and to please stop BOTHERING him.  Of all the incredulous (sp) comments to make.  He here telling me that the man that took my money and told me he would be able to get what I paid for isn't responsible.  Now were I come from that, well, just ain't right.  So, I kept calling and emailing both Dad and Jr.  Finally, Dad sends me an email which consists of I can send you this " I just filed for bankruptcy. I
could not find another way out. I do still have a few parts and accessories left to try and make up for what I owe you. I have a custom 20" XX Douglas 1-7 twist chrome moly steel barrel, brand new worth $295.00. It's a DCM target match barrel."  Now, I know what some of you are thinking hey you atleast got something!  No, I didn't get what I paid for!  Thats nothing in my book.  The line of work that I'm in is such that if I don't perform in a particular manner I get written up, days off, no raise for a year, etc.  So, yeah I'm tired of the rant that I have been on.  I got a barrel woohoo.  Now what I need to know is this.  I called Douglas Barrels and they were not able to be of much assistance.  No fault of theres.  Dad, and Jr. still won't reply to my emails as to who did the finishing touches on this alleged Douglas Barrel.  I'm sorry but once some has "LIED" to me I consider them a lier and don't really believe what it is that they are saying.  What the hell, to forgive is devine right?  Screw divinity!  Don't buy a damn thing from GUNSMOKE INC OR anyone associated with them in Okeechobee.  There I'm done!  Now, ask me how I really feel!  lol
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 2:36:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I do greatly appreciate ya'lls help though!  Take care and be safe.  Back to lurk mode.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:16:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Box it up and send to Frank White and the guys at Compass Lake so they can actually see it in person. Call first and get info on what an eval will cost you (not much is my guess) you will, naturally, have to pay shipping both ways...unless you live within driving distance. They are as straight as an arrow and can tell you what you need to know very quickly.

Unlike the clowns at Gunsmoke, these are good people!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:05:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Ikor.  Great advice!  Have a safe and happy 4th.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top