Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2003 3:59:45 AM EDT
Hi,
got a brand new lower , colour is brownish/black , I'd like to darkening it just to match my flat black upper , no paint , any idea ?
PP out
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#1]
duracoat?  i had Lauer refinish 2 lowers for me and they're matte black now.  match the teflon finish DPMS uses.

[url]www.lauerweaponry.com[/url]

there are probably some other good choices available but i only have experience with duracoat so far.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Let me guess...Eagle Arms?

I thought my lower looked fine until my RRA upper came in.  Now it looks brownish/purple because the upper is truly flat black.  

I guess you could have it reanodized.  I'm going to just ignore it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:36:36 PM EDT
[#3]
This might sound kinda dumb.... but bear with me for a moment!
Have you tried a high quality lubricant like Break Free 'Collector'? I just happen to have recently purchased an Eagle Arms rifle, and experienced the same color situation as you have. I remembered reading a post about this fairly common complaint and followed the advice.
Took a piece of clean cotton cloth and rubbed in the oil and to my pleasant surprise it turned a nice matching black, and stayed that way. As an alternative to a refinish job, what do you have to lose? I'm not really sure if the brand or type of oil makes a difference, but this 'Collector' seems to hang around forever!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:42:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Exactly as McBoingBoing said.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:13:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey,
thanks a lot for yr replies,I think I'll go with GunCote ...........
ciao
PP out
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:38:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad I'm not alone on this one.  

I thought my Bushmaster lowers were black- until I got a RRA upper from Pete.  Now that's what I call BLACK!
Top Top