Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2002 11:33:23 AM EDT
Looking at a free float tube for a 16" Bushie.  I dont know much about these.  Do these just slide in and replace the handgards?  There is one in SGN page 117 by DSA inc. for 139.00 (www.dsarms.com) that is a free float and has the tactical rail system.  I has rails on all 4 sides.  It says some gunsmithing required????  How much gunsmithing??

scottMO
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 11:50:23 AM EDT
[#1]
THere is some work required...

you will need to remove the stock barrel nut and replace it with the free float handguard.  Most likely, you will need to remove the front sight base to accomplish this.  It is pretty easy if you have the right tools (action vise block, punches and barrel wrench).  A gunsmith will probably charge you 1 hour labor to do the job, or you can buy the tools from Brownell's and do it yourself.  If you have a friend with the tools, you can probably get him to help you for the usual "6 course meal" bribe...

Try looking in the "build it yourself" forum for more advice.

Link Posted: 12/28/2002 11:22:31 PM EDT
[#2]
If you would like a FF rail system and not have to tinker around with your rifle, the barrel, the front site, etc etc, get a ARMS SIR C model or a Knights RAS II. Not only do they go on and come off easily and without modification, they are among the toughest, most versitile systems available, period. However, you will pay for their advantages if you decide this is the system for you.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:37:15 AM EDT
[#3]
If I get the Arms or Knight's model, Can I mount the grip and Tac light directl to it or do I need the "ribs" too??  

scottMO
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 10:00:01 AM EDT
[#4]
The ribs are only used on the KAC unit to keep your fingers cool and to protect the rails.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 2:21:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Here are instructions on how to install Olymics FIRSH and it shoudl apply to most other FFT.

[url]http://www.triplebreakproducts.com/Olympic/how_to_install_FIRSH.htm[/url]

[image]http://www.triplebreakproducts.com/images/Olympic/Panels%20on%20FIRSH.jpg[/image]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top