Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2002 5:41:16 PM EDT
What is the difference between the Knights Armament vertical grip and GG&G's vertical grip?  I have found pictures of both and they appear very similar.  Which of the two is the better product?  

Thanks,
MM
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 9:31:46 AM EDT
[#1]
FWIW, you might want to look at the DPMS/Oly arms grip (same thing). It's constructed entirely of metal, and feels much more sturdy to me than the knight's grip.

Cost $42 from the folks at Triple Break.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 11:30:05 AM EDT
[#2]
KAC's is plastic and IIRC GG&G's is ALuminum (I'm sure DPMS's is aluminum too).

There is a discusson of this with lots more input in the Slings & other Equipment forum.

Personally I'm a fan of plastic grips.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 9:33:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I vote for the ARMS #23 grip (just detached it in 3 seconds to check the part #).  Allows the EASY attachment/removal of your vert. grip with no tools (sometimes you feel like a nut....).  Also, for me at least, the contour and angle of this grip are much more comfortable than the Knight's type grip.  Another thing:  If you use any type of tapered carrying case, this is the way to go.  without an easily detached grip, there aren't many cases that your rifle will fit into.

To answer your original question:  The two grips appear to be identical, with the exception of the patter of ribbing (GG&G looks deeper).
BTW - GG&G IS PLASTIC, says so on their website
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 11:04:56 PM EDT
[#4]
anyone have a pic of the GG&G's vertical grip?
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 12:24:39 AM EDT
[#5]
[url]http://www.gggaz.com/products/ar15ufir.php[/url]  nonbox, try that link.  It says that its made of plastic.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 4:41:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I like the Knights plastic grip for its light weight and the fact that it doesn't disturb the balance of the AR.  What I don't like is its flimsy securing system.  It feels like it could snap off and the stud that slides into the slot easily deforms and render the grip ineffective.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Graffiti, thanks for the link to the GG&G's vertical grip.

Does the GG&G's AR15 Under Foregrip Integrated Rail bolt up to the Rock River Arms Double hand guard?

What is the url to pics and spec on the DPMS/Oly arms grip?
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 1:52:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
FWIW, you might want to look at the DPMS/Oly arms grip (same thing). It's constructed entirely of metal, and feels much more sturdy to me than the knight's grip.

Cost $42 from the folks at Triple Break.
View Quote

We are using them on an AR15 AOW we are producing.  Main reason is that they are made VERY well and won't fall off - nice and beefy.  I believe they are made from aluminum.

The Olympic and DPMS are the same thing.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Has anyone broken their KAC grip?

There was a poster not too long ago that made it sound like he was in the military, and that the grips break all the time.  I don't know why he wouldn't state whether he's in the military or not, so I'm suspicious of his claims.

And OPSEC ain't got sh*t to do with it.

The KAC grip has been out for years, and I swear you didn't hear ANYTHING (here or in the military) about ANY breaking until the aluminum grips started to come out.

Then the posts start coming out with the "plastic MUST=breakage" line.

If the small tip on the screw portion breaks off, why can't you still use the grip?

I position my grip(s) so that the tip is centered in a rail slot anyway, so that it isn't being used to maintain the grip's position on the rail.

You tighten the "screw" and the rail isn't going anywhere.

So for those of you that have broken your KAC grip, tell us what you were doing that made it break.

Chris
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 3:11:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 12:15:58 PM EDT
[#11]
KAC... Plastic ..

Nope It's actually delrin (machineable composite that is very highly heat resistant)

and I had an obscenly haevy upper like 17lbs with an ANPVS-4 and heavy barrel and my grip didn't brake

I would like to see it with a larger circumference though as all weight is distributed to the web of your hand and it gets sore.

The M-900 Surefire grip is perfect but the cost is obscene and I'm getting a ARMS grip
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 12:31:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I just bought a vertical grip from Advanced armament, and the price was outstanding.

Link Posted: 12/4/2002 5:03:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top