Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2002 7:08:37 PM EDT
I know who SGW is but who is Palmetto Armory? Did they make good Rifles or crap? I bought a whole rifle with one of the first 300 made lowers cut from bar stock aluminun in 1979 it had all colt parts on it for $699 what a deal! Now it is a M4 with 16" HBAR barrel and 6 pos stock ,colt m4 handguards ,phatom flashider and flat top with carry handle I like it a lot. what config do Palmetto Armory make there rifles in ? Thanks for looking
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 12:59:52 AM EDT
[#1]
SGW made the lowers for palmetto, and they were machined from billet.  SGW is now known as Olympic Arms, and were the first commercial manufacturers of non-colt AR-15 type clones in the late 70's.

Palmetto had the lowers made by SGW under contract and finished/assembled the rifles with contract spares parts.  Excellent quality on the lower, and with all colt parts used in the build, you've got a fine rifle there.

Only Palmettos I've seen in person were 16" shorty configs with telestocks and a 16" 1/12 lightweight barrel.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#2]
THANK YOU MY CAME WITH A COLT 20" PENCIL BARREL SLICK SIDE THANKS FOR YOU HELP I WISH I COULD POST A PIC BUT DO NOT HAVE A CAM FOR COMPUTER
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 8:09:13 AM EDT
[#3]
You got a great deal for a great rifle.

Max
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#4]
what town was PALMETTO ARMORY IN AND HOW LONG THEY MAKE RIFLES. DID THEY MAKE M16'S OR JUST AR15'S DID THEY MAKE OTHER GUN TO. THAT IS WHAT I WAS WANTING TO KNOW. WHY IS THERE A CHUNCK OF METAL BY S F SWITCH CAN I HAVE IT REMOVED ON OUT SIDE OF LOWER REC. IN SIDES HAVE A SEAR BLOCK SO WHAT IS CHUNK ON OUTSIDE  FOR.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 4:53:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm curious as to how the machined lowers compare in durability and fit to the forged or cast lowers.  Anyone care to chime in?

TIA!
-DE
Top Top