Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2002 9:37:46 PM EDT
I have an older postban Bushmaster XM-15-E2S with a 20" Heavy Barrel, and less then 400 rounds through the barrel. The upper dose not have an elevation adjustment. And it is about 95%.
Question #1. What makes the AR a A1, and #2. What is its value?
Thanks, Kirk
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 6:19:11 AM EDT
[#1]
It's "A-nothing."  

The upper is more accurately a C7 upper, there was no US military upper with a brass deflector and non-adjustable for elevation sights.

This is a nice upper as the elevation is rarely adjusted once the rifle is zeroed, so keep it simple.

Value?  A 20" HBAR barrel has little demand and is about $185 new.  The receiver is more in the $125 range new.  

You thinking of rebarrelling?  Have the barrel turned down to M16A2 profile and this makes a very nice weight rifle.  Probably under $100 to have this done.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 8:02:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Turning the barrel down to A2 profile (with reparkerizing) is a $50 job at Kurt's Kustom, add $12 for shipping and Handling.

Kurt does a great job and turned my HBAR into a great shooting much lighter A2 profile.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 8:00:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I think that im going to keep the upper but i want to find a 16" barrel, How are the RRA Barrels?
Thanks for the info, Kirk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top