Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2002 7:43:58 PM EDT
Hello folks.

I've been reading through some information on Kurt's Tac Brakes and I'm wondering what is the difference between them.(I know the length is different! ) I'd like to hear some experiences or opinions about them in terms of performance? (say, general direction of muzzle flash and smoke, noise level, and reduction in muzzle flip)

The most important part is noise level. I'm currently using my post-ban Bushy 14.5" with mini-Y comp and is literally devastating my ears without hearing protections. I'm very much concerned with Kurt's brakes' noise level because under SHTF situations I'm going to use the rifle without hearing protections. Would you folks please, please, please compare the noise level to that of standard A2 FS/comp and mini-Y comp? I could bear a .308 or .30-06 going off without hearing protection but I just can't withstand the noise level of mini-Y comp! God help me if I try to use it in indoor range.

Link Posted: 10/29/2002 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have a 14.5" barrel, you will only legallt be able to instal Kurts A3 brake. The A2 brake is not long enough to bring a 14.5" barrel out to the 16" legal limit. Thats the whole reason he made the A3 Brakes and A3 Flash Suppressors, to be used on 14.5" barrels and bring them out to the legal length.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 7:37:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes I know but what I'm trying to do is buy a 20" HBAR and attach a brake to it (as well as my 14.5").

I was wondering if A3 brake is any better than A2, so in that case, I might think about putting A3 on 20" although that would be a bit longer.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 8:52:59 AM EDT
[#3]
A buddy of mine has the A2 brake on his 20" - works fine and looks 'right'.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top